Menu

Deep Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake



Do us a favour and use the best ingredients there are if u want to get that deep chocolaty cake that u dream of cos this recipe is surely a keeper in my little heart... i heart this recipe to bits!! theres no words that i can describe how delish this cake is.. the moistness... the richness.. the darkness... the ohhhs and ahhhs that i got fm my family especially fm little Sonia was just superb.. Sonia ate two slices in one sitting.. i added a small dollop of chocolate glaze on the side and it tastes even better! chocolate overload lol


Recipe I got fm none other than The Cake Book fm Tish Boyle... her recipes have never failed me! Bake it lovelies.. bake it for ur friends... for ur loved ones ok.. better still.. go to ur nearest bookstore and get her book.. Go to the nearest bakery supply shop to get ur Valrhona or Cocoa Berry cocoa powder and welcome urself to the dark side of my life hahaha

I had a slice of this cake this morning! - I always believe that having a slice of cake for brekkie is much better than having a bowl of Lontong.. right? pls say yes hahaha


Deep Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
from Tish Boyle’s The Cake Book

1.5 cups (181g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (57g) cake flour
1 cup (92g) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2.25 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.5 cups (340g) unsalted butter, softened
2.5 cups (500g) granulated sugar - i used 430g
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (242g) sour cream

Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the inside of a 10-inch Bundt pan. Dust with flour. - I baked it on the lowest rack for 150C

Sift the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.

In a bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until very creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the mixture is well-blended and light, about 4 minutes. At medium speed, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.

In a small bowl, stir the vanilla extract into the sour cream. If your mixer has a splatter shield attachment, attach it now. At the low speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream mixture in 2 additions and mixing just until blended. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Bake the cake for 65 to 75 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Then invert the cake onto the rack and let it cool completely.

15 comments:

Fion said...

What a pretty shape...Bravo
Chocolate always my favorite

Cecil Julie said...

Eeeee.... geramnya tgo kek ni sampai kembang air liur buli rasa kesedapannya....haha...

Nitha said...

Kak Rima, like Tish Boyle's recipes never let you down, your recipes never let me down. I have to try this one. It's not easy to find sour cream around the area I live. Do you have any substitute suggestions? That would be awesome.

Azrina said...

I know I will love this recipe! Yeayyyyyy, bravo Rima!😃

inahar ali said...

woww..mmg terbaekkk..the bommb kebabommm!! kempunan sehh!! lariiii!!

inahar ali said...

oopss..forgot to ask..kalu sour krim tu diganti ngan yogurt@buttermilk ke..boleh ke rima? any diffferent pd texture atau taste kek tu?? tqvm..

qist said...

marvelous!..always....

Hesti HH. said...

Wow...it looks so lethally chocolate Kak Rima *drooling*

Unknown said...

Looks soooo good! where did you buy the awesome bundt cake pan? Cantik sangat :D

ummisara said...

Hello Rima,

oh My! cantiknya. Teringinn nak cuba...entah bila.

cik cek said...

Kek cantikkkk...confirm rasanya pun ada umpphhh kan Rima...resepi ug ditunggu ada dah...tinggal nak buat je...

hawa said...

Salaam Kak! You are so right about this cake. It is very nice and moist and chocolaty! Sedappp sangat!

MyRainbowDreams said...

Kak, where did u bought that amazing pan? *drooling*

Rima said...

Nitha
u can use yogurt..

Mas Muniroh and myrainbow dreams
i got it fm here.. its fm nordic ware.. u can get it online too

Unknown said...

Hi Rima

Love ur blog!
But I hv a problem releasing my cake from the bundt pan.
Please help.

Jessica

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..