Am a little frustrated with my other half.. hes outstation again.. dont u just love them even more when they travel practically every single week grrrr..the best part.. i dont even know his schedule anymore! ai ya ya.. i better not start blabbering .. too early for that! :oP
Had baked this cake yesterday simply bec everyone in my household loves mango mousse cake... in fact.. its one of my hubs fav but bec he has to travel again... he didnt get to taste it!
16g gelatine powder
50gg hot water
300g whipping cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
400g mango puree (if refrigerated, bring to room temperature)
140g diced mango
100g mango puree (bring to room temperature)
3g gelatin powder
3 tbsp boiling water
145g low protein flour - cake flour
15g corn flour
5 egg yolks - whisk lightly with a fork
150g unsalted butter
65g fresh milk
5 egg white
100g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven 150C.. grease and line ur 7 baking pan.. wrap bottom of ur baking pan with aluminium.
2) Heat butter and milk till warmish.. do not let it boil ok.. switch off heat and add in sifted flour and corn flour.. mix using wooden spatula.
3) Transfer to a bigger bowl and add in ur eggs.. continue to mix till smooth.
4) In another bowl.. whisk egg white till frothy.. add in salt and add in sugar in 3 addition.. whisk till soft peak
5) Pour 1/3 of egg white mixture into ur egg/butter mixture.. fold in gently.. pour the rest and continue to mix gently.. (same manner as when ur baking chiffon cake.. cotton cheesecake)
6) Pour batter into baking pan and bake it au bain marie method for abt 45 mins.
7) Let the cake cool and slice horizontally 2 slices and trim them into 6 x 6 inch square.
1) In a mixing bowl, whip whipping cream with icing sugar to soft peak state. Refrigerate to chill.
2) In a small bowl, dissolve gelatine in hot water. When the gelatine is fully dissolved, add to mango puree. Mix well.
3) Add the mango mixture to whipped cream. Mix well until incorporated.
4) Use a 7 x 7 inch cake ring, place a layer of cake and pour in mango mousse, or use a large piping tip to pipe the mixture. Do take note of the corners. Add mango cubes and cover them with some mousse. Let it slighty set for about 10 minutes in the fridge.
5) Lay another cake layer and pour the remaining mousse. Let it set for 30 to 45 minutes in the fridge.
1) Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Mix in mango puree. Wait till the mousse is set and the topping is cooled, arrange sliced fruits, if using, pour in the topping carefully. Let the cake chill for at least 3 hours before removing the cake ring.
Cotton Cake recipe is fm Mbak Ricke.. i used the same cotton cake recipe for my strawberry shortcake
Mango mousse recipe is fm Rei
Thank you ladies! This recipe also took me back to my old post where i first made mango mousse cake for my super duper hubs... blueekk