Rise and shine peeps... am home and I likeee hehe.. Sonia's school is closed for teacher's day celebration and am planning to take her out later... been awhile since we got to do our mother- daughter outing.. will probably take her to her fav indoor playground bef going to town..
This cake was baked a few days ago... i had wanted to update my blog sooner but was busy with a few orders... i am planning to slow down a little as i hv to start packing my stuff.. we asked our mover to come last night to give us a quote and will be getting boxes sometime next week... if all goes as planed.. i shud get all things packed by third week of sept.. which got me a little sentimental out of a sudden.. huhu i am gonna miss my beloved oven.. it has done its job well and i hope my new Bosch oven will do the same :o)
So anyway lets get back to this eye-catching cake - this is a story of a baker on a yearly basis.. bake for others but only bake for her own Eid goodies two weeks after Eid ahaks.. I had actually baked it for Sonia to take to school yesterday for teacher's day.. sliced it nicely and packed some in small boxes.. Sonia was super excited abt the whole idea and the moment we dropped her off.. we saw her giving it out and wishing her teacher.. "happy teacher's day" :o)
Ty Shirley of Dapur Solia for sharing such a wonderful recipe.. i was a little surprised to see the small amount of egg usage in this recipe.. cake turned out moist and delish.. the taste of spekkeok powder was prominent eventho i only needed to use 1/2 tsp of it.. for a woman who has always been baking 26 layers in her lapis legit.. this one was a breeze lol
700g eggs - abt 12 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 tsp milk paste - i didnt hv so decided to use 1 tsp of vanilla paste
325g low protein flour - cake flour
300g butter (or butter substitute) - i used 450g of SCS and 250g of Wisjman butter
1/2 tsp spekkeok powder
purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red colour paste
- Preheat oven 160C.. greas 8" baking pan
- Whisk butter till creamy - put aside
- Whisk ingredients A until fluffy
- Add ingredients B - beat again until blended
- Add ingredients C - beat again until blended
- Weigh ur batter and divide it by 13 (the number of layers)
- Part 1 (equivalent to 7 layers) - add spekoek powder
- Part 2 (equivalent to 6 layers/divided into six bowls) - add colour paste to each bowl
- Once ready.. pour abt 164g of spekkeok batter aka plain batter into ur baking pan and bake it for 10mins.. change ur oven setting to grill mode and pour in purple batter.. this is how the layer shud be.. plain - purple - plain - blue - plain - green - plain - yellow - plain - orange - plain - red - plain.
- Add prunes on last layer and bake it using grill mode for 5 mins bef changing it to bottom heat and bake a further 5 mins.
Ok peeps.. it looks like its gonna rain.. i better get my bottom up bef i declare today "laze around day" lol.. hv a wonderful weekend and to my Malaysian friends... Selamat Hari Merdeka.. enjoy the long wkend and happy baking!