Everyday Cake - Coffee Oreo Buttercake
Last entry of the year... yayyyy... i managed to get my lazy ass to pick up that tripod stand of mine... that reflector of mine and my precious camera out to take a couple of shots... well thats all it takes actually.. a couple of shots... maybe a half an hr thingy and i am on my way to share a new recipe with my readers... I dont know why i've become so lazy in taking pics of what i've baked lately... its like .. i love baking.. i love trying out new recipes but when it comes to taking pics... kwang kwang kwang
People say u must have some kind of vision for the new year.. some kind of a goal.. i honestly think that no matter how young or old u get.. having a goal is important to motivate urself.. to be a step higher than the year bef.. is important.. well at least to me :o)
Anyway today i wud love to share a type of everyday cake that will go down well with those who are big fans of buttercake... like me ahaks.. recipe is fm a book called "I love buttercake too" by Kevin Chai.
200g caster sugar
250g plain flour - i used cake flour
5g baking powder
100ml fresh milk
1/2 tsp coffee paste - i used 1/2tsp coffee paste and 1/2 tsp coffee extract
50g crushed oreo
- Preheat oven to 160C.. greased and line a 18cm(7") baking pan
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately fold in fresh milk. Mix until well combined - i used Mr Aid - low speed
- Divide batter into two portions, add in coffee paste and crushed oreo to a portion and mix well
- Spoon batters into prepared pan alternately until finished
- Bake in oven for 50 to 60 mins or until cooked
So ok.. thats it... enjoy ur day.. spend it with ur loved ones .. relax and sit back and wake up to a brand new year...
Happy 2013 to all and stay healthy! Cheers!