Not one.. not two.. not three lol.. pls dont ask me how many i can munch in one sitting cos really i know there are certain things that i cannot forgo... i bake so its natural for me to hv my cravings fix once in a while.. its dangerous .. i know.. but hey.. am entitled to eat what i bake .. No? hehe
Sonia loves it to bits... Hairi took a bite straight fm the fridge and said.. "omg mama.. it tastes like those Sara Lee chocolate cakes".. took 5pcs more and walked to the living room.. hubs ate the same amt in one sitting... really... need i say more?? hahaha... ty ty ty Hesti for successfully convincing me to gv Ny Liem brownies kukus recipe a try.. when it comes to steamed brownies.. i am true to one recipe but this one is the boom... super duper awesome!
Bake it... bake it... bake it.... or shud i say.. steam it.. steam it.. steam it lol.. i will definitely be munching on it it again later muahaha
- 6 eggs
- 225g caster sugar - i used 230g
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp emulsifier
- 125g flour - i used cake flour
- 50g cocoa powder - i used cocoa berry
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 175 ml oil - i used 100ml canola oil and 65ml unsalted butter
- 100g dark cooking chocolate - i used valrhona 55%
- 1/2 tbsp black forest paste - i added
- 75 ml condensed milk
- Prepare steamer and grease ur 8" pan... place baking pan in ur steamer for 10mins.
- Melt butter and add in oil.. add in dark chocolate and mix till chocolate is melted - set aside
- On a stand mixer.. whisk (A) till fluffy - ribbon stage.
- Fold in sifted (B) lightly and mix it till well combined.
- Add in (C) and continue to mix till well mixed.
- Pour out 100g of batter and mix it with (D)
- Weigh ur remaining batter and divide it into two.
- Pour one part of batter into ur pan and steam it for 10mins.
- Pour all of the condensed milk mixture and continue to steam for 5 mins.
- Pour the second part of ur batter into ur pan and continue to steam for a further 30mins.
- Once done.. take it out of the steamer and let it cool.. slice and place it in ur fridge.
Please take note that u shud use medium fire to steam ur brownies.. or else you will get an undulating surface...