I know for sure that today is gonna be one busy day.. or shud i say.. one busy weekend.. hubs had to fly to Vietnam on the 3rd day of Eid and only got home last night.. i am hoping that we will be able to cover lots of houses this wkend.. that if my relatives are at home huhu
On a lighter note.. we finally found our dream home.. err more abt my dream kitchen.. at first we had planned to move to a condo around the city centre but we just couldnt imagine ourselves living in one.. there is too much stuff and I need to hv a separate pantry for my baking utensils and fridge..and we love our space!.. so the best options were either a house or another town house.. NOW .. if u hv been my reader long enough.. u wud remember how i complained abt climbing 4 flights of stairs on a daily basis.. i vowed that my next house wud be a landed property to save myself fm all the whining.. we decided to only view landed properties until last week.. long story short.. we fell in love with a house.. not a landed property but another townhouse.. blahhh.. the kitchen is to die for and let me just tell ya that the main reason why we decided on this place is the space in the kitchen... hubs said that once settled.. i can start teaching since i have received lots of emails wanting me to open up baking classes .. cough .. cough.. again hubs.. i cannot be a teacher lahhh.. not qualified! ahaks
500g butter - i used SCS
4 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp cempedak essence - (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
(Beat all the above ingredients using high speed)
20 egg yolks
5 egg whites
270 gm caster sugar
1 tbsp ovalatte
120g Hong Kong / Top flour
20g milk powder
150g cempedak puree
600g cempedak (cored)
220g caster sugar
220ml of water
(Mix all ingredients and blend smooth. Cook briefly over low heat until thickened (stirring continuously))
- Beat the eggs, caster sugar, ovalette in a bowl mixer using high speed until fluffy and thick.
- Add in ingredient A into the egg batter and stir well.
- Next.. add in a little at a time sifted HK flour and milk powder.
- Finally add in 150g of cempedak puree. Stir until well blended.
- Grease cake pan measuring 10" x 7" or 8" x 8". Preheat oven to 170C.
- Now u may hv ur own way of measuring ur batter.. i used my normal method of weighing my batter and divided it by the nbr of layers that i want my cake to be..
- Weigh ur first layer.. spread it evenly and bake it using upper and lower fire for abt 5 mins.. change setting to grill mode (upper fire) and continue to bake for another 5 mins or until golden brown.
- Weigh and bake second layer as usual until cooked. Take it out and spread 3 tbsp of cempedak puree... grill it again till cempedak layer is cooked (~5mins).
- Bake the rest of the layers using the same method.. for every two normal layers u top off with 3 tbsp of cempedak puree.
- Once done.. bake last layer using lower fire for 10mins .. temp between 130 to 140C.
Moral of the story.. once I have settled into my new house (end Sept).. u will be hearing me whinning again abt climbing 4 flights of stairs! hahaha
Source: Bro Rozzan