This is going to be a quick entry.. we are heading out to break fasting.. thought i'd upload this recipe so that our lovely ladies out there can try out this recipe.. I first saw this rainbow cat's tongue in a magazine in Jakarta.. bought it and had wanted to bake it since then.. i got home.. baked it and the cookies turned out horrible.. i dont know if its bec of the recipe.. or if it was bec of me.. shrug.. ever since then.. i didnt think abt it until i saw it at Ninong's site.. her recipe has never failed me.. decided to bake it this morning after i updated my blog lol.. am being productive today hahaha
250g margarine - i used Buttercup
250g butter - i used SCS
350g caster sugar
150ml egg white
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp lemon oil/extract
zest of one lemon
6 different food colourings - i used Wilton
- whisk butter, margarine and sugar till creamy
- Add in egg white, lemon oil and also lemon zest and continue to mix
- Add in sifted flour/baking powder and continue to mix
- Divide batter into 6 parts - each abt 240g
- Colour each part according to ur preference.. place each part in piping bags
- Pipe each colour onto cat's tongue mould - pls refer to my FB if u want see how the mould looks like (I bought it in Jakarta).
- Bake it in a preheated oven of 150C for abt 20 mins - i used 140C and baked it for 15mins.. pls keep a look out on ur cookies as it will get brown easily
- Once baked.. let it sit for 5 mins bef placing it on a wire rack.. cool and keep it in an air tight container.
I dont know how it tastes like but the smell of lemon and also butter was so overwhelming that it attracted my daughter to the kitchen all the time :op... oh by the way.. shes been munching on it non stop.. krap krup krap krup hehee..