The Most Fabulous Banana Cake
Monday monday monday... its been four days since we got home fm KL.. the trip was a good one.. am blessed to be able to meet up with lots of wonderful ladies.. who wud hv thought that someday i am able to know and meet great bakers! keep on baking ladies cos the best way to learn how to bake is by baking and testing what u bake every single day hehehe
So with laundry and also orders to fulfill.. i finally managed to bake something for the family.. something simple and yet delicious... a cake that got both my kids asking for more.. the cake that i had bake four times since i first stumbled upon this recipe... This fabulous banana cake is super easy to prepare and the best part.. u only need to use ur food processor to do the job! Ty Jo of Sugar and Everything Nice for sharing such a wonderful recipe.. i cannot describe how much our family hearts this recipe :o)
The Most Fabulous Banana Cake Recipe
Adapted from "Mix & Bake" by Belinda Jeffery
225g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 - 4 very ripe banana (about 1 cup), mashed
340g castor sugar
125g unsalted butter, room temperature cut into small chunks
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 ripen bananas, slice thinly for topping (optional)
1 Tbsp castor sugar
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Butter and line a deep 26cm ring tin or 2 loaf tins
2) Put the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate sode into a food processor and whiz for about 15 seconds. Remove and tranfer into a bowl.
3) Add the bananas to the processor together with the eggs and sugar. Whiz for 1 mintue. Then add the butter and whiz for another minute until thick and creamy. Now add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and pulse in quick on/off bursts. The add the flour and again mix it in with quick bursts, scrapping down the sides once or twice. Do not overmix or cake will be tough. Add the chopped walnuts and give it a quick stir with a spatula. Scoop batter into prepared tin and smoothen out.
4) Optional: Place the sliced bananas on top of the batter and sprinkle with sugar.
5) Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking time or the center may sink. Cool cake completely before unmoulding.
Here are a few pics of my macs.. i just love love love playing with the colours! Ty Roha and Sufina for the macs order
Ty Uncle Azman and Wati for this mac orders. and guess what colour i used for this weeks macs? electric purple and electric pink.. i likeeee!
To my KL customers.. Thank you for these orders.. to June whom i met in Ayer Keroh.. to Ann fm HK whom i finally met in person! ty dear for ordering again.. hope to see u in October! to my regulars Reen, Puspa and Azrina.. ty girls for the orders.. so good to see u girls again! to Anis and Fariha.. ty for the repeat orders.. to Sammy.. ty for the order.. will notify u of my next visit ok.. to Amy.. ty babe for ordering kek lapis.. did u manage to hide it fm him?? hahaha
So ok.. thats it.. will leave u guys with pics of Sonia taken in KL.. and yes.. thats what she did this time around...a microphone stand.. Adele in the making? hahaha