Been a week since i last updated my blog...i promised to reply to all comments soon.. today will be the last day where i hv to bake for my orders.. to all thank you very very much.. to my Malaysian customers that ordered lapis legit for Eid (yep they're planning to freeze em hehe) thank you lovelies! i will see u girls in KL tmrw! And to Yasmin fm Perth.. it was nice to finally see you after following my blog for two years and the occasional email.. glad everyone loved the Lapis Lengit.
So hubs got home safely fm Germany on Thursday evening... he flew off Monday.. arrived 15hrs later.. went to meetings.. stayed a night and flew back the next afternoon.. he got home feeling kaput of cos! I on the other hand have been very productive and i got to thank my niece for coming by to spend the night with us.. Sonia was behaving well too.. Alhamdullilah..
This brownie was bookmarked by hubs bef he flew to Germany.. i told him that there is no guarantee that i will be baking it for him since i hv lots of orders to fulfil .. 3hrs bef his plane landed.. i decided to bake his bookmarked brownies... was he surprised?? of cos! the same reaction i gave him when he surprised his wifey with a Longchamp bag hahaha.. danke babe!
113g unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped - i used 55% valrhona
96g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Ferrero Rocher candies, sliced in half
For the Nutella Buttercream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 165deg C. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl microwave-safe bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted - i melted butter and pour it over my valrhona
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.
4. Spread 1/2 the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Ferrero Rocher candies and cover with remaining 1/2 of brownie batter. Bake for 30 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Prepare the Nutella Frosting. In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and Nutella until fully combined. Add in the vanilla extract, confectioners' sugar and heavy cream and mix on low speed until all sugar is incomporated. Turn mixer to medium-high speed and beat the frosting for about to minutes. The frosting will be thich, smooth and creamy. Frost cooled brownies and slice before serving.
The brownie is so so worth the try.. its so easy to prepare.. its delish and super rich .. the texture of this brownie is gooey and when u bite on the Ferrero Rocher.. all u can do is to close ur eyes and think of err muahaha
I will definately be baking this brownie for Eid.. not planning to spread nutella buttercreeam on my brownie tho cos it melts pretty easily and can only last for two days.. hubs prefers the brownie on its own as he feels that the nutella buttercream is overpowering the taste of the already delicious brownie.. op
So some advice: Leave out the Nutella Buttercream!
Ok peeps.. i hv to start baking whoopie pies.. it looks like these babies are gonna be the next big thing here in Asia hehehe.. see u guys in KL!
Source: My Baking Addiction