Am thinking of doing wordless wed simply bec theres not much stuff to talk abt.. took Sonia to watch Hi5 last Monday.. she was ecstatic of cos.. i managed to get the front row seats.. she was singing and dancing bef the show started but after seeing them up close.. she no longer wanted to dance lol.. she also got what she wanted.. a photo taken with them and a big hug fm KC..
So this week is bake for leisure week.. i started with blueberry muffins .. followed by double chocolate chiffon cake which i later dumped in my food processor to be ground into small pieces.. the chiffon cake is now in my freezer for another baking project.. yesterday i decided to bake durian tart after i saw a box of durians in my freezer.. hehehe i think all of us hv some kinda hidden treasure in our freezer.. u will never know what u can find.. i hv two refrigerators in my house.. go figure! ahaks
While I was in KL.. i saw Ayin posted this tart recipe.. i told myself that i shud gv this recipe a try since hubs is a big fan of durian.. i've seen tarts with peanut butter fillings.. i've seen tarts with date fillings.. i've seen tarts with cream cheese fillings.. but never with durian..
Thank you Ayin for sharing.. i didnt hv any milk powder on hand and had to add more cake flour since my dough was a little sticky.. i also added vanilla powder to my dough.. below is the revised recipe yah...
- Preheat oven to 140C
- Whisk butter with sifted icing sugar.. add in egg yolk and continue to whisk.. add in vanilla powder and sifted cake flour and salt in it.. set aside.
- Blend durian flesh with sugar and pinch of salt.. add abt 50ml of water to it and continue to blend.
- Cook durian mixture in a non stick pot till thicken (looks like lempuk actually) - let it cool
- Scoop 1/2 tbsp of pastry.. roll it and press it down.. add in ur durian filling and cover it back.. roll it neatly.. press it a little to make it ovalish and press top with fork..
- Once done.. bake ur tart for 20 mins.. brush top with egg yolk+milk mixture and continue to bake for another 10mins
I also baked pineapple tart especially for someone who is 'allergic' to durian smell hahaha
I only realized today that next week schools starts! arghhhhh!!!