Buttermilk chocolate chip muffins
Hubs is in Vietnam which makes me one lazy woman.. not really in the mood to bake anything.. no one to tell me off when i bake something simple.. call me sadist lol but bec of his constructive critism.. i manage to try out a much more challenging recipes and without my readers trying out some of the recipes in my blog.. i wouldnt hv the motivation to keep on trying.. so thank you all for visiting and for trying it out!
Strawberry Oreo Chiffon cake recipe was adapted fm my previous post.. i found Oreo with strawberry cream and quickly got myself strawberry yogurt to compliment the taste.. i decided to add raspeberry paste instead of strawberry to gv a stronger taste.. hubs likes it alot but commented that it tastes somewhat artificial.. hmmm .. Sonia on the other hand loves it.. so gv this recipe a try if u havent cos this chiffon cake recipe is sure a keeper!
Anyway during the last week of school hols.. my kitchen was invaded by not one but three kids lol.. i love having kids baking away in my kitchen.. its fun and usually when there are more than one Sonia.. I tend to forget stuff.. this time around i had forgotten to let them add sugar and also eggs! arghhh.. whats up with me! look at the end product of their muffins lol.. it looks.. err.. not their fault really!
Danish carefully placed the muffin pan in my oven.. his first time ever! All three took turns to mix, scoop and place the tray in the oven..
The moment their chocolate muffins came out of the oven.. all three kids started munching on it.. mom and dad came too so of cos they got one piece each and within a few sec.. i saw that look.. the look of "yukie" on all of their faces muahahaha.. muffin was bitter and blahhh.. dad finished it and we all started laughing when mom said.. "ahhh if u wanna bake something for ur dad .. bake this muffin!" hahaha
I quickly did a second batch .. this time alone .. and within half an hr .. a perfect batch of muffins were baked.. they were gone just when i took them out of the oven.. i managed to put aside a few for them to bring home.. moral of the story.. am not fit to be a teacher .. just YET! hahaha
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups dark or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C/400°F – Line at least 18 muffin tin cups
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl using a whisk.
- Mix the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract in another bowl. Use the same whisk to whisk them together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed.
- Fold in the white chocolate chunks.
- Fill the muffin cups until almost full (if you want them to achieve a proper muffin top)
- Bake in oven for 14-18 minutes until cake tester inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in pans before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.