Chiffon again?? oh yessss hahaha.. i think i will be able to try out all the recipes in this book.. when i bought all the books fm Jakarta the other day.. i told myself that i will try to bake every single recipes in every single book.. dont know how long it will take me to finish up one book but hey if a blogger called Julie Powells (a movie called Julie & Julia) can challenge herself to cook all the recipes in Julia Childs first book.. so can i! hahaha.. sure!
So yesterday was school hols for the kids.. i woke up as usual.. baked macs shells.. prepared fillings and also managed to bake this chiffon cake.. i didnt hv to cook lunch as Hairi had to go to work early.. which gave me ample time to do laundry and also clean up my baking pantry... i love how it looks now.. all tidy... got myself some 4 tier drawer cabinets and placed all my cookie cutters, fondant tools, piping nozzles and cake rings in it..i didnt realize i have been buying stuff! hahaha..
I have 2 blue ikea boxes filled with just cuppie liners.. ishhh Rima Rima... dont know why i am so into cuppie liners.. where ever i go.. i will always end up buying liners! The shelves on the left are all filled with baking pans and is slowly looking like a real bakery kitchen hahaha.. i filled up all the flour jars.. cleaned my Kenwood Chef mixer which i dont use anymore.. cleaned up the other shelf that has two steamers and all things associated with steaming lol.. i also managed to clean my fridge in my baking pantry.. am happy that there is not much to throw since most of the items are not expired.. so in a way .. am glad nothing got wasted... i might hv to run to my local bakery supply shop tmrw to get the "wet" stuff aka butter, double cream, cream cheese and also fruit puree... i hv orders to fulfill :o)
Superb taste.. superb texture.. moist and most important.. mom ate it! yayyyy the woman that is not into chiffon cake and who calls it "choking cake" actually ate my chiffon cake .. dancing happy feet!
5 egg yolks
150g sugar - i used 100g
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp red colouring
100 ml salad oil - i used canola oil
100g banana - add 50ml of water and blend ur banana - set aside
50g chocolate chips
7 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven 160C
- Whisk eggs and sugar till pale.. add in mashed banana and continue to whisk.. add in oil and red colouring. Fold in ur sifted flour/baking powder/ baking soda into ur egg yolk mixture till well balanced - set aside
- In another bowl.. whisk egg white and cream of tartar.. slowly add in sugar bit by bit and whisk till soft peak.
- Fold in 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture slowly.. pour egg white mixture into the rest of egg yolk mixture and mix lightly. Add half of chocolate chips in ur mixture.
- Pour batter into 22cm tube pan..and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips... bake it for 50mins.. once baked.. take it out and turn ur pan upside down and let it stand till cool
- Scrape the side of ur pan with a sharp knife .. turn ur cake out and thats it.. slice and enjoy!
Of cos while i was busy baking away.. mom called and told me that she had cooked lontong since sis Wati's kids were there and yes i had my iftar at moms..
Took along my "baby" for a trial run.. all photos were taken right bef magrib.. ohhh i love playing around with it!
Oppssyy if mom knows that i am gonna publish her pic in my blog without her headgear.. she wud kill me! sorry mom! - busy preparing for iftar
She cooked lodeh, lontong, sambal goreng, sambal tumis sotong kembang, fried chicken and also chicken curry.. i bought dessert for everyone and also cakes and cookies.
Dad munching on my cookies hehe
Mom looking on.. its always nice to see mom and dad enjoying their moments with their grandkids!
Sonia and kakak Aly..
Source: Chiffon Cake Mini