Tish Boyle's Rich Marble Pound Cake
Long easter break.. i like! every single year without fail hubs will tell me abt how he wud spend his easter hols in Adelaide.. went to some easter horse racing thingy in Oakbank where he lived.... sat and relaxed and had their meal on the grass.. something like that lol.. i told him.. oh easter break for us in Singapore is all abt going out to town and shop hahaha..
Anyway today the weather is simply gorgeous to ppl like us who hv no plan to do anything big.. just chill.. relax.. am thinking of baking hot cross buns this weekend.. a once a year thingy .. Sonia came back yesterday with a small bucket full of chocolate eggs.. she told me they had to run around their school compound looking for eggs.. :op
Sooo.. i baked my fav kinda cake simply bec i am a sucker for pound cake... when i saw Shirley bake Trish Boyle's marble pound cake while we were in KL.. my heart jumped.. i wished my oven and Mr Aid were with me right there and then lol.. couldnt wait and finally after a week.. i got to bake it.. am happy with the taste and texture of this pound cake.. the sugar was cut down fm 500g to 300g which i think is superb cos the last time i baked Tish Boyle's pound cake it was a little sweet.. her recipe is just so good and reliable!
342g Cake Flour
2tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
500g Castor sugar, divided (Please reduce this to 300g- original recipe is too sweet)
20g Natural cocao powder (I used cocoa berry)
340g Unsalted butter
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract - i used toffieco vanilla paste
5 large Eggs
120ml (1/2cup) Whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 325F/ 190C. Grease the inside of a 10' bundt pan and dust with flour. (i baked mine in 6" round pan and also in a loaf pan)
2. Sift Cake flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside.
3. In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter at medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy.
4. Add sugar and continue to cream for 4 mins at medium to high speed.
5. Add vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time and mix at medium speed until well mixed.
6. Add sifted flour mixture in 3 additions and alternating it with 2 additions of milk.
7. Mix cocoa powder with water in a small bowl. Add 3 cups of the batter to the cocoa mixture and stir until blended. (I added my pistachio paste here instead of the cocoa mixture)
8. Spoon 1/3 of plain batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth it to an even layer. Spoon 1/3 of the chocolate (pistachio) mixture over the plain layer and smooth to even out. Repeat until all batter is used up finishing with the chocolate layer.
9. Bake at 190C for 60-75mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
I am gonna go n get ready.. hubs wants take me to look at some lens.. hmmm.. my thanks to Anastassia for ordering macs.. selamat bertunang dear.. to Suria who is fm KL.. ty for ordering lapis legit and also macs.. it was nice to see u in person .. hv a safe drive back home and see u in KL next month.. cheers!