Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Please bear with me.. for the next couple of weeks i will be taking pics of my bakes using instagram.. am sorry .. call me a sour grape but i am missing my camera big time .. da*n insurance!! grrr
We got home safely last Sunday.. on our way back home hubs took me to a bakery supply shop called Yummie in Bangi.. one an half hr later and RM400 poorer.. we quickly got back onto the highway only to find ourselves stuck in bad traffic.. it went all the way till JB checkpoint.. oh well.. u win some.. u loose some.. one good thing that came out of all that was hubs didnt get the chance to drive fast :op
So ok.. anyway last night out of the blue i felt like baking these cheesecake bars.. had bookmarked it a week ago and since then i hv been craving for it.. took out my cream cheese and after an hr or so.. hubs was already munching on it.. the aroma of this cheesecake is so so overwhelming that hubs managed to persuade me to slice it 10mins after its baked.. was it good?? oh my.. oh yah baby.. the slightly crunchy top of the warmish cookie dough was to die for! rich in taste and what cud be better then to hv the best of both worlds.. cookies and cheesecake... a perfect marriage made in heaven hehehe
FOR THE CRUST
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs i used digestive
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhang and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Do not turn your oven off.
3. While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed just until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps. Flatten the clumps of dough in your palms to flatten them out a bit. Distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter. Be sure to use all of the dough. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top feels dry and firm (the cookie dough) and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
6. Lift the bars out by the overhang; slice into desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature
Before I go... many thanks to all the wishes... will try to reply to all emails as soon as possible yah.. . Also, all ordered mac sheets have been sent out today!
Source: My baking addiction
Adapted fm: The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook