Menu

Thursday - Framboise Lemon Cheesecake


You love em... U hate em but by the end of the day.. U still wanna spend ur entire life with them.. Yes I am talking abt my better half.. Am not blogging abt valentines day for both of us think that all this big hu ha is just a commercial spinner.. Heavy price tag be it when ur eating out... Flowers especially n I will try to stay away fm gng to the florist during valentines.. I am only saying what's going on in my head for this morning he pissed me off.. Grrr.. Again.. U love em... U hate em.... Honestly he keeps me on my feet all the time n I hv no time to ponder over little things.. Things that will make me feel upset is the first thing to go.. So after tons of "whatever" SMS n long hrs of silent treatment.. We called it even hahaha..


As u guys already know.. I am a sucker for pretty things n often get carried away when it comes to "toy" shops.. My kind which involve baking things.. Lately i am so into plates that now I hv to hv a shelf especially for my photo props.. I don't even wanna think how I am gonna store all these things if we do move to a condo or to a 2 storey hse.. This townhouse is no joke when it comes to house cleaning.. So having said that.. Lemme talk abt this cheesecake... Ohhhh I love pretty things...


Framboise Lemon Cheesecake... First saw it on Kat Suletzk site.. Fell in love with her cheesecake n got on it late last night.. Didn't take long bef it's ready.. I used my fav food processor that hubs got me a year ago (love u babe!) throughout the procedure n tonight we had it for dessert... Superb taste n perfect for ur loved ones.. I subbed cranberry for raspberry simply bec that's what I have in my freezer.. Will definitely be baking it again!


Ingredients

for the crust:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs - I used coffee biscuit Marie hehe
(I used Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer; you can also use Oreos, minus the filling)

for the filling:
12 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
zest from 1 lemon, very fine

for the cranberry sauce:
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries - i used raspberries
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons corn starch, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water

Directions
First, make your crust, as it will need to be completely cool before filing. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8″ springform pan with baking spray. In a medium work bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, salt and crumbs in a bowl. Press into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of an 8-inch springform pan and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Lower oven temperature to 280F.
In the meantime, make your cranberry sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and lemon juice and let cranberries simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, until most of them pop and fall apart. Strain over a wire sieve, pushing most of the solids through, but catching seeds and skins. You should have a thin liquid. Return to cleaned saucepan and reheat to a simmer. Add corn starch slurry and once to a low boil, it should thicken slightly. Remove from heat and let cool.
To make the filling, using your food processor, process the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, egg, sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest and process again until smooth and fully combined.
Wrap the outside of the pan with a double layer of foil. (The cake bakes in a water bath, and doing this will help keep water from seeping into the cake as it cooks.) Pour 1/4 cup of the cranberry sauce over the crust and spread evenly with a spoon or offset spatula. Then pour the cream cheese filling over the base until not quite the height of the side crust. Carefully giggle the pan to even out the top. Fill cranberry sauce into a squeeze bottle with a tiny tip and begin to pipe small circles in a swirl pattern over cheesecake (larger dots on the outside, smaller as you go inward). Take a toothpick or sharp pointy knife and beginning with the center circle, run the toothpick through the center of each heart (don’t lift the toothpick out until you finish the last circle).
Create a water bath by placing the cake tin in a slightly larger roasting pan or baking dish. Carefully pour hot water halfway up the sides of the springform. Bake at 280F for a little over an hour, until the edges look set but the center jiggles slightly. Let cool on a rack, then cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.

39 comments:

cik cek said...

Terpegun jap kak cek tgk...cantikkkk...menarikkkk...dan akak memang dah tertarik pun...:)

Rima said...

hehe K.Cek
aper lagi.. besok pagi pagi can bake it lah.. senang ajer.. main masuk kat food processor ajer.. tak payah keluar kan mixer hehe

umiyumi said...

Salam Kak Rima, Cheesecake dgn pinggan sama naik.. cunn.. hehe umi kat sini tak sempat buat cheesecake sbb asyik beli sara lee's aje. suka juga kumpul pinggan juga sampai tak tahu nak letak mana dah. :)

ijayuji said...

Salam kak! aaahhhhhh! menci betulll lah kalau masuk umah akak niii, nasib baik tgk ajerr klu dpt mkn tgh2 malam gini kalori2!! akakaka... kalau tgk ajerrr 0kaloriiii bukan senang nk dpt 0 kalori kikiki...akak sekeh sikit org yg komen ni, ni kes dah mengantuk :P masuk list, sedekah kat jiran, kita mkn sesudu jerr, puuiihh!

Rima said...

Ummiyumi
Lucky i only like to shop when i am kat negeri orang.. if negeri sendiri pun buat kerja macam gini.. habis lah pantry ku penuh sesak dgn plates..

Sara Lee dah lama tak beli .. everyday i bake something so tak teringin pulak.. dulu Sara Lee lah kegemaran ku :op

Rima said...

Ijahh
amboiii bukan main lagi.. makan sesuduh ajer ehhh.. i will eat a slice.. tak baik membazir hahaha

Anonymous said...

Salam Rima...yumm yumm cheesecake...ahhh...pasti melt in the mouth tu.Kalu takde fruits tu buleh ganti ngan jem tak?Over here susah nak cari lah,or maybe knur replace it with strawberries.
The plates are lovely,jeles tauuu...
Gaduh2 sayang takpe Rima...merajuk sikit2,untung2 buleh tambah koleksi pinggan nanti..hihi...
TQ for the recipe :-)

From:KNur-TRG

Yat Maria said...

Alaaaa babe

no sweat arr...no place to store the stuffs if u move to condo? garage sale for us..yipeeeee!hahaha..eh babe, i think kan i may not be getting that slr after all la..maybe I just buy lenses instead la. I try2 my bro's dslr with all the lenses & stuff..manyak berat arrr..lenguh my tangan..tapi having said that if dude sponsor I, I will terima with senang hati..hehe..

Anie said...

Rima,

I prefer silent treatment bila kita 'fight' but my hb cant stand silent treatment, even for a few hours hahahaz. Hmmmzzz I have yet to wait for pretty things when we make up :ppp u r lucky lah.

Luv the design on the cheesecake and luv the plate too hehehez ;)

Ribbon and Circus said...

Aa..chesecake.. sedapnye.. and Im a sucker for pretty plates too.. tapi x de tpt nak store..hopefully, pas pindah umah baru ni ade tpt.. hehe

CTZee said...

Ain't that the truth isn't it...u love em, grrr @them & yet can't live without em. hehehehehe. But one thing I know for sure is how I looooove yr blog & all these sinful things you share with us *_~ Those are pretty & yummy looking lemon cheesecake that will go into my TO DO list.

U hv a great weekend K. Rima!

Rima said...

KNur
Eh where get benda baru bila merajuk.. Paling paling pun dia beli makan cos wifey dia merajuk sampai tak nak masak..

Jam tu karang sikit lah rasa dia.. Not ori.. Usually if go to bakery store selalu beli yg dah blended.. raspberry, passion fruits, blueberry etc etc.. I use it for anything in my bakes.. Berguna..

Rima said...

Babe
Just buy lens? U still need to buy the body.. The insurance still belum get back to us.. I am still waiting for the letter.. Tak sabra nak beli yg baru..

Memang berat benda tu.. Unlike my old canon but again that one is not the pro type.. Tak kisah cos this one after an hr of taking photos ur tangan macam keluar muscle lol

Rima said...

Anie
My hubs knows I can't stand the word whatever .. He say it once I can take it.. Say it twice I will gv silent treatment.. He cant stand it n will start to call me after 3hrs but i prefer to gv him 6hrs hahaha.. I am like that.. I no kuasa nak cakap byk.. I remember I gave two of my so called friends silent treatment ... Diam tak diam dah masuk tiga tahun.. No regrets..

Rima said...

RC
Jaga jaga tau.. It can grow.. Dulu when we moved here I thought having a fridge in my pantry wud be sufficient.. Now dah merebak gi ke my kitchen fridge.. Dah kemas macam mana pun tetap byk barang sampai dah macam bakery supply shop pun ader.. Semua barang pun nak beli ishh ni dah merebak kat plates.. Asal my hubs kata we flying to europe.. Kat kepala otak dah der list panjang haha

Rima said...

My fellow country woman ahaks.. Memang pun .. Not that u can't live w/o them but it sort of challenging? Ty for coming by.. Appreciated it.. I think we hv been interacting for more than a year maybe more?

K.Nor said...

uhhhh.. sangat menggoda.. dan udah tergoda pun.. :)

Rima said...

KNor
If got a little free time on hand buat lah.. Actually Rima beli biskut Marie tu nak buat cheesecake yg KNor recommended dulu but hubs nak yg ini pulak ...

Yat Maria said...

Babe

haha..bule jugak I convert dslr jadi dumb bell for exercise kan :)

what I meant was, probably I will just buy macro lens & other assessories for my current camera & see how thigs go from there..

Cheers babe..have a great weekend

MANISMANIS said...

lihat fotonya sambil menetes nih air liur..

Trying To Be Muslim.. said...

Kak Rima dear......waaaaaaaaaaaaa marbeles tol cheese cake ni....hu3....kene kuar beli cream cheese this weekend ar..:)

Enjoy weekend ye kak...take care tau...take time rest ya...

ciketon fazya said...

Teringin buat cheesecake...tp nnt kang i need to finish up the 80% of the cake...hihi..

Ummi said...

Rima, xpa beli a new shelf..selagi terdaya tampung, beli ajer...hahahhaa, xpun nnt pinggan lama masuk kotak aje laaa, sedekah kat akak..wakakkaka

Btw, baru blk dr dapur Azlita, tgk ciskek, sini pun ciskek jgk...alamatnya intai jgk la stok cis dlm fridge nnt...rasa mcm ada....pray for me...hahahha

Anonymous said...

Lovely cake Rima.

How about selling some props and pans you don't need anymore on your web for a discounted price? This way, you can make way for new ones :)

Sally

Putrimlm said...

hi rima

u are right ...bila dah tersangkut walau apa pun mlm2 pun bleh buat terus menjadi itu pun kalau jadi heheheh kueh tu tapi kalau tak jadi dot3..dlm tido pun bleh termimpi-mimpi kan rima ..itu yg terjadi pada akak ..cheesecake ni memang akaknya febret tapi kalau nak buat entah berapa kali bikin semua failed heheheh last2 beli kat cold storage wat menenangkan jiwa yg kecewa

Rima said...

Babe
ohhhh where hv i been.. duhhh.. i didnt know that u hv a SLR already.. did u just bought it? lahhh sorry lerrr

Rima said...

Ayin
jangan lupa dilap titisan nya hahaha

Rima said...

Ayuuu
Insyallah.. memang hari pun tak plan nak bake anything.. its the time of the month and my tummy sakit sampai terpaksa ku baring and mengadap lappy.. cehcehceh terpaksa konon hahaha

Rima said...

Ciketon
Gv out to ur neighbours.. i am pretty sure they are willing to help u finish it hehe

Rima said...

KUmmi
hehe not going to let my shelf beranak.. susah karang.. dah lah one whole pantry penuh dgn barang baking.. tak rela mak hehe

Ade tak cream cheese?? I hv two more blocks.. akan ku buat something out of it bef it expire..

Rima said...

Sally
cannot lah.. mine are all handcarry fm other country.. sayang lah.. bawak berat berat and then nak lelong :op

Ayu said...

Assalam Rima, bila tengok your gambar2 nikan..i will tenungggggg lamaaaa tengok every details in the picture..SUKA sangat...dalam hati teringin juga nak ambil gambar macam gini..tapi i've got no patiencelah..and most importantly no time..hehee....alangkan sekarang ambil gambar pun dah berpeluh pelih..
very nice props & very tastefully done..

Talking about camera..mine pun nampaknya macam nak KO..juga..actually dari pada year before time open house in 2010 dia dah start buat perangai....dah bunga2 kan kat hubby..hope you can get yours soon too..:)

Janine said...

that's crazily beautiful. your photos are getting more and more beautifully styled too! and i'm so envious of the white plate in the first picture! it's so pretty! did you get it from singapore or from your travels? (i pray it's in Singapore!)

Anonymous said...

Rima, jom beli second home di JB. You can then store your items there :)

Sally

Kongkang Malaya said...

Kak Rima,
Awwww.. that surely does look PRETTY! Am a sucker for cheesecakes but when the recipe says 'bake it', am immediately scared. Haha!

Will find the guts to try this pretty recipe of yours!

Alicia said...

Hi Rima,

this cheesecake looks delicious! Can i leave out the cranberry sauce and do the rest as stated?
If i leave the cranberry sauce out, do i have to add any lemon juice to the filling?
Please advise...m so in need of a cheesecake fix!
Thank you!

Rima said...

Hi Alicia
Yes of cos u can but honestly this cheesecake tastes even better with the sauce..

Yes u shud use lemon juice in the filling

Alicia said...

Hi Rima,

i was wondering if i can replace the lemon juice with the lemon curd recipe (from your lemon tart recipe)...perhaps the lemon curd will be more similar in texture to the raspsberry filling that you r using for this recipe. Really wish to make a successful one for mother's day. Please advice. Thank you!

Rima said...

oh yes u can Alice.. am pretty sure it will taste as good as raspberry sauce

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..