Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pound Cake
I heard fm a tweety bird that LISA magazine has featured four more recipes fm my blog in their Feb 1 publication.. bef it gets out of hand.. like bef.. lemme clarify something that only the photos belong to me.. recipes are not mine of cos.. i get them fm several sources and credits have been given in the respective posts in my blog.. I will gv my thanks again once i get the pdf attachment fm LISA magazine yah... ty Atiqah for giving Bisousatoi another slot in this month's magazine!
Oh...and I hv read a very interesting article in regards to recipe copying from David Lebowitz...
So ok.. hows the week so far?? wkend is near and i cant wait for it.. to be honest.. I am exhausted and i need my beauty sleep at night... am just glad that Sonia is back on track..
Talking abt Sonia.. she got her first bday invitation fm her classmate hehe.. this year i dont feel like giving her a bday bash.. dont ask me why tho.. my mind cant even work properly right now.. Hairi on the other hand got his result slip and he passed all subjects eventho he complained to us that his Physics paper was super difficult.. anyway Alhamdullilah.. Congrats dear son... i know u will pull thru!
Anyway lets talk abt this super duper moist pound cake..when Shirley mentioned that Tish Boyle claims that this cake is a 'sure fire bake sale hit' .. i had to bake it too ... ohhhhh i love pound cake so so much.. this one is so much more moist then Tish Boyle's perfectly pound cake that i had baked bef our Europe trip.. i guess any cake that has buttermilk as ingredient will naturally produce a moist cake.. the cinnamon streusel adds another twist to this cake.. yummeh!!
Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pound Cake
Recipe : (From Tish Boyle's The Cake Book)
Cinnamon Streusel Swirl
1/2 cup (60g) All purpose flour
1/3 cup (72g) Firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp(42g)Unsalted butter - melted
Buttermilk Pound Cake
2 cups (242g) All purpose flour
1/2 cup (57g) Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground cardamom - didnt add
1cup (227g) Unsalted butter, softened
2 cups (400g) Castor sugar (I used 380g)
3 large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Finely grated orange zest
1cup (240ml) Butter Milk
1. Preheat oven to 170C / 325F. If using a bundt pan, grease the inside of a 10inch bundt pan with butter and dust it with flour. I used a loaf pan and lined it with baking paper and two mini bundt pans
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients of the Cinnamon swirl. Add the melted butter and stir until blended and crumbly.
3. Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
4. Using a paddle attachment, cream butter for 2 mins at medium speed in a mixer until very creamy. (2mins) Gradually add in the sugar and continue beating at medium high speed until pale and light. (4mins)
5. At medium speed, add in eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate eggs well.
6. Add vanilla extract and orange zest. Add in the flour in 3 portions, alternating it with milk (2 additions). Mix until just combined.
7. Scrape half of the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over the batter. Scrape the remaining batter on top and smooth it into an even layer.
8. Bake the cake for 65 to 75mins, until the cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool the cake for 15 mins before turing out the cake to cool completely.
Ok peeps..I am gonna order my Caramel Latte now.. ty again to Shirley for sharing this wonderful recipe.. cheerios!