This Month's LISA Malaysia Magazine is featuring four of the recipes fm my blog...
...Look familiar? hehe
If you havent gotten your copy yet... do so! The magazine itself is great! LISA is actually a German magazine and they have now started this Malaysian edition (twice a month)...Thank you LISA (& Atiqah too) for recognizing my hard work! Alhamdullilah.. and err.. pls refer to my blog posts cos there are some errors in the recipes due to translation.
So lets get down to business.. at first i thought of doing a wordless post but an email fm Atiqah changed everything.. am a happy bunny today... err actually i was a happy bunny when Atiqah first wrote to me in October telling me of their interest in my photos hehe..
This is our family's all time fav.. each time i wanna bake something quick i will always end up baking Sicilian orange cake or cotton cheesecake.. this time around i decided to marble it.. this is for u my son.. just bec i want u to do well in ur exam.. apakah??!! hahaha
Will share again this wonderful recipe fm Jessie...
250g Cream Cheese (softened)
60g Butter (softened)
120ml Fresh Milk
1tbsp Lemon Juice
60g Plain Flour
30g Corn flour
6 Yolks (lightly beaten)
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
120g Caster Sugar
15g cocoa powder - i used valrhona of cos!
1. Preheat oven 160deg
2. Grease and lined bottom of a 9" or 8" square baking tin.Wrap around the outside of baking tin with aluminium foil.
3. Place the softened cream cheese, butter and fresh milk in mixing bowl and stir over double-boiler until melt and mixture is thick and creamy. Remove it from double-boiler to cool.
4. Upon cool, add in the 6 yolks gradually and mix until well combined.
5. Sieve in the plain flour and corn flour to the batter and stir till mixed. Set aside.
6. In another bowl, whip the egg whites in till foamy, add in cream of tartar, continue to whisk. Gradually add in the caster sugar, whisk till stiff and peak. Add one-third of whites into the cheese mixture and fold till incorporated. Continue with the balance.
7. Divide batter into two equal parts.. one part u add sifted cocoa powder.
8. Pour the batter alternately onto the prepared pan. Place it on top of a tray of water and bake in water bath for about one hour or until firm and golden brown.
8. Turn off the oven. Leave cake in the oven and leave the oven door ajar to cool cake.
NOTE: Credit for all four recipes shud go to..
Sicilian Orange Cake - Almost Bourdain
Deutsche Kekse - Jessie of Hearty Bakes
Almost famous amos chocolate chunk cookies - Stefanie@Kitchen Capers forum