Happy Sat peeps.. as promised this is the biscotti that i managed to prepare bef we went to JB yesterday.. it needs to be refrigerated for a night bef u can slice it and baked again for everyone to enjoy munching on it non stop.. hehe yes yes.. whats with biscotti that once u start to eat u can never stop munching on it.. healthy? fattening?? who cares ey.. its the weekend.. arent we supposed to be eating what we feel like eating?? no?? hehe
Almond biscotti is an excellent accompaniment to desserts such as mousse, sorbet or even ice cream.. we prefer to hv it with our cuppa.. hb has been asking me to bake him biscotti for as long as i can remember lol.. i guess its norm for him to hv this in his pantry back then and when i received a few emails (think it was maybe 4 months ago) asking me if i hv a biscotti recipe to share.. hb thought its abt time i baked it for him :op
Recently i bought myself two recipe books fm Australian Womens Weekly.. one is called Macaroons(sic) and Biscuits and another one is called Little squares & slices.. there are a few biscotti recipes that i can try .. the one that caught my eyes were almond biscotti, rosy apricot and pistachio biscotti, triple chocolate biscotti with hazelnut and also apple, cranberry & white chocolate biscotti.. hopefully i am able to bake all the biscotti that i mentioned and share the recipes with all my dearies!
3 eggs white (120g)
1/2 cup superfine sugar (110g)
1 cup all purpose flour (150g)
3/4 cup almond kernels (120g) - i used almond slices
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease 10cm x 20cm (4" x 8") loaf pan.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer till soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions.
- Fold sifted flour and nuts into egg white mixture, spread mixture into pan, bake abt 30mins.
- Cool bread in pan. Remove bread fm pan, wrap in foil, stand overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the bread into waffer-thin slices. Place slices in single layer, on ungreased oven trays. Bake abt 45 mins or until dry and crisp (i baked mine under half an hr)
So ok.. i got to run.. why am i always running to somewhere lol.. i hv tons of stuff to do tdy and i better get going.. u guys hv a good weekend ok.. be good and take care!