Rolling good times!
Wonderful recipe fm Bunda Nadhifa.. adapted fm lapis legit Ny. Liem... her recipe has never failed me! i shud hv rolled it tightly yesterday but i was in a hurry to go to Hairi's ORD nevertheless i am happy with the end product!
The texture was super moist and soft.. for the amt of eggs and to only get 20 slices out of this recipe is one cake that is only meant for own consumption .. imagine if u served it during eid.. i dont think 10 rolls would even be enough hehe
150g cold butter - I used Wisjman butter
1tbsp condense milk
12 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
10g all purpose flour - sieve - i used hong kong flour
1 tbsp milk powder
1/2 sdt bumbu spekoek
1 tsp pandan paste
1. Preheat oven 170C.. greased 20x20 baking pan with baking sheet. (i used 10x10").
2. Beat ur cold butter till white and soft (abt 12 mins).. add in condense milk and continue to beat again - set aside
3. In another bowl.. whisk egg yolks with sugar till white and fluffy.. add in sifted flour and spekoek powder.
4. Fold in butter mixture into egg mixture (i didnt fold in.. i use my KA.. low speed and add in my butter mixture a little at a time hehe)
5. Add in ur pandan paste.. divide ur batter into 4 (i divide it into 5 parts, abt 100g each layer)
6. Bake 7 mins on every layer.. last layer using upper and lower fire... add prunes on every 2nd layer..
7. Once done.. take it out and roll it while its hot.. (i spread a thin layer of condensed milk bef rolling it so it will stick better)
Have a good weekend everyone!