Every single time we're in Europe there is one cookie that has never failed to attract my attention... yep.. am talking abt this cookie.. be it in Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy, Austria or even when i was in Barca .. the first thing that i look for is the Viennese chocolate sables.. sometimes i will buy 500g of the smaller ones like these and sometimes i will get the bigger version of it that is half dipped in melted chocolate.. mmmmmm yum yum! Eventho to some this is just a simple chocolate cookie.. to me .. this cookie is special.. tastes so darn good that there is no way u can stop eating one plus who wouldnt mind wooing an Austrian guy with Viennese cookies ey hehe
Anyway after testing it.. i still think that there is something missing compared to the ones i had in one of the pastry store in Barcelona.. probably its the butter that i used.. will use golden churn or President Butter when i bake it again for Eid..
260g All purpose flour
1g Fleur De Sel
30g Dutch processed cocoa powder - i used Valrhona
100g Powder sugar, sifted
3 tbsp Egg white
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Whisk together, flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk butter until creamy. To ensure that the recipe succeeds, the butter needs to be very soft.
4. Add in powder sugar and fleur de sel to butter and continue to whisk until light and creamy.
5. Whisk in egg white until it is well combined with butter cream.
6. Add in (2) and mix until well combined.
7. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe dough into W shaped cookies.
8. Bake cookies at 180C for 10-12 mins - no more. The cookies will be delicate - transfer carefully into cookie jar after cooled.
Okie thats it... tmrw is Hairi's big day.. ahuh.. am talking abt his ORD parade and we are so gonna be there to watch it.. will take pics of cos! he is getting the night out tdy and has requested his Nyai to cook iftar for him.. am planning to bake bread pudding for mom later since thats her fav dessert..