Sometimes i wonder if its possible for me to do a wordless blah blah blah for a day.. its like how to when most of the time i will be posting recipes together with pics of my bake.. shrugs.. anyway this was what i baked last night.. decided to gv this recipe a try after i saw it at Jessie's.. looking at her pic made me wanna munch on it right away and of cos thats what i did today.. i ate like 4 slices of it for breakfast.. 2 slices for tea and a slice right after dinner.. of cos the slices aint what ur looking at here hehehe..
One bar of cheese cake is equivalent to 4 slices of what i called a slice heheh.. its dangerous to gv in to ur cravings.. its like u will definately end up having more than a slice.. to think i kept on telling myself that i shud not eat lots since this friday we are gonna attend hb's work place dinner and dance.. eeekkk is there such thing as dinner and dance anymore?? dinner yes.. dance?? everyone runs away as soon as they announce the last lucky draw number hahaha
Anywho i still dont know what to wear this friday.. if u hv been my follower.. last year the D&D was all abt masquerade and i went in as a "not a light skin" chinese lady.. wore a black cheongsam and wore a pretty looking mask and even got picked as one of the best.. had to do a catwalk which i hated kahkahkah .. this year the theme wud be smart and colourful.. sooooo ok enough abt D&D.. aint we supposed to be talking abt what i baked?? heheh.. this recipe is definately a keeper.. i loved it and i am pretty sure Hairi will love it too since hes a big fan of light cheese cake.. hb on the other hand who is not a big fan of any light cheesecake said its alright.. ate two slices and told me to pack him a few slices to take to work..
250g Cream Cheese (softened)
60g Butter (softened)
120ml Fresh Milk
1tbsp Lemon Juice (omitted)
60g Plain Flour
30g Corn flour
6 Yolks (lightly beaten)
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
120g Caster Sugar (*i used 100g)
1. Preheat oven 160deg
2. Grease and lined bottom of a 8" square baking tin.Wrap around the outside of baking tin with aluminium foil.
3. Place the softened cream cheese, butter and fresh milk in mixing bowl and stir over double-boiler until melt and mixture is thick and creamy. Remove it from double-boiler to cool.
4. Upon cool, add in the 6 yolks gradually and mix until well combined.
5. Sieve in the plain flour and corn flour to the batter and stir till mixed. Set aside.
6. In another bowl, whip the egg whites in till foamy, add in cream of tartar, continue to whisk. Gradually add in the caster sugar, whisk till stiff and peak. Add one-third of whites into the cheese mixture and fold till incorporated. Continue with the balance.
7. Pour the batter onto the prepared pans. Place it on top of a tray of water and bake in water bath for about one hour or until firm and golden brown.
8. Turn off the oven. Leave cake in the oven and leave the oven door ajar to cool cake.
Hmmmmm maybe i shud wear kebaya nyonya and be a nyonya for a day or maybe go for a much more vibrant colour.. err like an indian costume?? adehhhhh Rima = Aishwarya Rai? kahkahkah ferasannnn
Reference: Agnes Chang