Have a break... have a....
I am not in my best mood today... somebody makes me feel yukie... so best way out is to bake and bake... not just any cake.. it has to be cheesy.. it has to be a full on chocolate...
This cake has a texture of brownie like cake.... rich in flavor and definitely very very chocolaty.. what do u say if a cake tastes super über chocolate... cake nya mantop?? hahaha.. anyway do gv this recipe a try cos this cake makes my day a little cheery today.. ty to both Mbak for this wonderful recipe!
I enjoy baking so much... i adore it.. its like a secret back door for me to run to whenever i feel all stressed.. cant wait for the weekend to come.. better still.. cant wait to go to KL again next week.. time to chill... time to hang loose... :o)
150g Butter - whisk till fluffy
125g 70% dark cooking chocolate - melt (I used cocoa berry 64% and 70%) - melted
3 egg yolks
20g Cocoa Powder - I used Valrhona
3 egg whites
1. Prepare pan 22X22X3 cm - i used 20x20 pan
2. Mix melted chocolate into butter and whisk till well combined.
3. Add egg yolks one by one while whisking till creamy / soft.
4. Sift flour and cocoa powder, add into the butter mixture and stir well.
5. In another bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff / soft peak.
6. Add 1/3 egg white mixture into butter mixture.. pour back butter mixture into egg white mixture and fold in gently.. mix evenly.
7. Pour batter into the pan, bake in preheated oven of 165 for 25-30mins.
Cream Cheese Cake
60g Cream Cheese, leave at room temperature
2 egg yolks
10g Milk Powder
2 egg whites
1. Prepare pan 10X22X3 cm - i used 20x20.
2. Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Add egg yolks one by one while whisking creamy / soft.
4. Sift flour and milk powder, add into the butter mixture and stir well.
5. In another bowl.. whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff / soft peak.
6. Take 1/3 egg white batter and mix into butter mixture.. stir well. Pour butter mixture into egg white mixture and fold in gently.. mix evenly.
7. Pour the batter into the pan, bake on preheated oven of 165C for 15mins.
300g dark cooking chocolate - I used valrhona 64%
150g Whipping Cream - i used double cream
50g Butter, unsalted
Heat whipping cream till warm - not to boiling, pour into DCC and stir until melted. Add butter and continue to stir well.. Let it stand in refrigerator for a while, until slightly hardened. Beat until fluffy / creamy. Set aside.
1 tsp Instant Coffee
200 cc warm water
3 tsp Sugar
(Rhum if liked)
Stir until sugar dissolves, set aside - i used espresso coffee double shots! hehe
1. Slice chocolate cake horizontally into two.. Take a piece of Chocolate Cake.. place it on ur cake board.. Sprinkle/brush surface with coffee syrup.
2. Take a big dollop of ganache and spread it on ur cake.. it has to be abt 1/2 cm thick.. place cream cheese cake on ganache. Overlap with Cream Cheese Cake.
3. Take another big dollop of ganache and spread it on ur cake.. stack last layer of chocolate cake... sprinkle with coffee syrup and spread the rest of ur ganache on ur cake..
4. Pipe ganache on it and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for an hr or so bef serving it with vanilla ice cream..
Oh bef i hit the sack.. i wanna thank Hana for this order.. hope u like it dear!