The love cake??
Hehehe ok ok i shud be resting today considering i am not feeling that well.. but the more i try to lay in bed.. the more i feel sick? so instead of resting.. i decided to bake this cake.. the cake that has made its name among other food bloggers like Ayu and Izah and many many many more..
250g butter - I used unsalted Anchor
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt - i added
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Enough cocoa powder - i used valrhona of cos!
Food colouring - I used paste type
- Grease 8x8" pan.. preheat oven 160C
- Using stand mixer.. whisk butter and sugar till white and fluffy
- Add in one egg at a time and continue to beat till well combined
- Add in vanilla essence and evaporated milk
- Add sifted flour and baking powder in three addition
- Divide batter into three portion - weigh them ok (424g each layer)
- Colour each portion with colour of ur choice
- Pour in one portion into pan.. sieve cocoa powder all over the first layer.. making sure u cover all parts.. pour in second portion of ur batter.. sieve cocoa powder again and lastly pour the third portion of ur batter
- Give a little tap.. bake it for 45 mins - mine was done in 60mins!
- Once cool.. slice and enjoy!
Tastewise?? Its ok i guess... it has that typical butter cake taste and texture except this cake has that look.. ya know the look that makes men turn around when they see a sexy lady with long legs?? hehhe
Well ok.. this cough medicine is making me feel sleepy and honestly?? i am not that happy with my food photography today.. full stop .. nite peeps!
Source: Puan Mastura Yazak