I see RED all week long...
I am SOLD!! Where hv u been all this while... u make me giggle.. u make me feel all young inside.. u make me smile fm ear to ear and u make my inner soul all lively :op
First and foremost bef i forgot.. Happy bday dad!! this is not his bday cake lol.. its not healthy for him but definately good for others hehehe
Anyway back to where i started.. I finally put aside all the negative feedbacks fm others and decided i shud gv this recipe a try... yes i am actually talking abt the Red Velvet Cake.. my one and only RVC heheheh
Last night when i served this to hb he was like.. oh wow.. "this is super fantastica delicious! i told ya that u shud just go ahead and try to bake us this cake".. well he was right.. no harm trying.. am 42 and still had no idea how this cake tasted like until last night.. i shud hv baked this long time ago.. or shud hv just gone ahead and buy a slice of this cake when i was in the US many years ago.. the red colour is a little intimidating but the flavour.. woot woot! the crumbs are tight and the texture of this cake is simply awesome.. super moist and oh did i tell ya that the cream cheese frosting is to die for .. lol forget abt ur diet for a day and u will thank me for persuading u to bake this cake! hehe.. I on the other hand.. am thankful to hersite for sharing this wonderful recipe..
1 1/4 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder - i used berry callebaut
1 tbsp red colouring - I used 1 1/2 tsp wilton red paste(no taste)
1/4 cup soft unsalted butter - 57g
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk - I used 1/2 cup whole milk plus 1/2 tbsp vinegar/lemon
1/2 tsp vinegar - i used heinz distilled white vinegar 5%
1/2 tsp baking soda
Cream cheese frosting
125g cream cheese
50g unsalted butter
110g powdered sugar - i reduced it to 80g
1 cup fresh cream, whipped until stiff - i used double cream
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In one container, sieve flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small container, combine cocoa powder and red coloring and stir well until form a paste (I added a little water).
3. Using a stand mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beat until blended. Add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder mixture, beat until well blended.
4. Add in sifted flour and buttermilk alternately. Beginning and ending with flour. (F-M-F-M-F)
5. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and baking soda and add it to ur batter. Stir well with a spatula. Pour into a 6" baking pan and bake it for 50mins or until cooked.
6. Let cool on wire rack.
7. Once cool, slice cake into two and spread cream cheese filling.. top it with the rest of ur cream cheese too... chill for a few hrs.. slice and and oh la la hehhe
Cream Cheese frosting:
1. Beat cream cheese with butter until soft.
2. Turn mixer to low speed, add powdered sugar a little at a time. Whisk until well blended.
3. Add whipped cream, stir through with a spatula.
So to whoever has doubts abt this cake.. dont be.. go to ur kitchen and whip ur batter and u will be feeling as high as me haahah.. hmmm now let me think.. what to bake for dad.. hmmm