I see orange...
A short entry fm me.. am very tired and sleepy.. been coughing non stop since last night and i know i wont feel better overnight.. haizz.. whats worse my tooth is starting to ache.. ouch ouch.. pls pls.. i rather cough then having to go thru a bad toothache!! yikes!
So its chiffon cake day today.. i had baked it earlier to take to moms.. i think i might hv converted my hb into liking chiffon cake after all cos i saw him munching 3 pcs of this super delish chiffon at moms... there is something abt my chiffon as lately he no longer calls it a "chocking cake" lol.. anyway this orange chiffon cake is a must try among chiffon lovers.. light, moist and best of all the taste is so so refreshing! oh oh and this cake is as soft as a cotton.. good for someone who is having a toothache like me hehehe.. ty Jessie for sharing this wonderful recipe!
80g Castor sugar
80ml Corn Oil- i used canola oil
160g Cake flour
160ml Fresh Orange Juice
2/3tsp Orange zest
2tbsp Cointreau (omitted)
7 whites - I used 6 whites
60g Castor sugar
1. Preheat oven 175deg.
2. Yolks + sugar, whisk till sugar dissolved..
3. Add Corn oil + orange juice, orange zest and salt, stir till combine
4. Sieve in Cake flour, stir till combine.
5. Beat whites, add sugar in 3 addition till just before stiff peak.
6. Fold 1/3 whites into yolk mixture gently.
7. Fold remainder whites.
8. Pour into 20cm chiffon tin - I used 21cm
9. Baking time abt 50mins