As I am typing this.. i realised that we hv like 5 more days bef year end... oh boy how time flies... its like a year ago i was blogging abt blueberry lemon cake and that i was sick blah blah blah... this year on the very same day.. alhamdullilah i am as fit as a fiddle.. i am trying to eat healthy.. ahemmm hahha.. am trying to stay healthy and am trying to get myself into the habit of going to the gym which i have never visited eversince we moved into this housing complex.. sigh... lazy lazy!
So anyway.. do u remember that i had to prepare macarons shells last night?? well listen to this.. I only fell asleep at 3am yesterday.. i did 3 batches which all turned out horrible... for some reason my macarons looked like flying saucers wearing a long skirt hahaha... I was frustrated.. agitated and at the same time trying to figure out what went wrong.. i still think that the egg white was the real culprit.. there is no way that i cud bake it without ageing another set of egg whites.. so with my head up high i quickly whiped up another batch using the same egg whites.. baked it and voila.. my shells turned out err well better than the earlier ones.. sigh.. i threw away the rest of my egg whites.. packed the ones that i had baked and went straight to bed..
Yesterday I woke up early.. did the chocolate ganache and piped in the filling.. pheww.. am so glad everything turned out well in the end.. ty sis Rita for the order.. hope u liked it!
So back to what i am supposed to blog abt in the first place lol.. i baked this cake on my birthday.. ahuh.. no cream.. no mousse.. nothing fancy for moi... this is the kind of cake that i like.. simple and nice and at the same time makes me wanna eat lots and forget abt going to gym hahaha .. thank you Sonia for sharing this wonderful recipe.. tmrw i will hv to force myself to start jogging around our compound :op
5 egg yolks (large)
230g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites (large)
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the milk and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
6. Spoon the batter in a cake pan which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 55mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Oh bef i go.. this is the rainbow jelly that i prepared for cousin Hairul for his engagement party... the good news is.. this one turned out good.. the bad news is.. my uncle didnt hv a proper plate for it and hence my jelly moved like theres no tomorrow while making its way to the girls house.. heard fm mom that they had to hold on to it and during the process.. my jelly was slightly damaged.. anywho.. Congrats Hairul.. semoga berkekalan hingga ke jinjang pelamin :o)