Menu

Happy Holidays and Vanillekipferl!



First off.. we wanna wish all our friends and relatives a Merry Christmas...for those in Europe it is definitely a very White Christmas and I hope that everyone got home in time and safely... we woke up pretty early today despite the wonderful and cooling weather.. u can really feel the quietness and the serenity surrounding our house... Sonia and papa came down and gave me a big hug wishing me happy holidays... :o)




Anyway.. This is one cookie that is a must every year in the Aue's household.. hb will without fail request this cookie to be baked and served during Christmas.. the original recipe u can get fm my previous post.. this year i decided to use snow princess recipe and added almond powder to it.. :o)





Ingredients:
250g margarine - I used Anchor unsalted butter and added 1/4tsp salt
2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
225gg of low-protein flour - cake flour
225g almond powder


200g powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilli powder - I used 1/2 tbsp


Method
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C
- Grease a baking pan with margarine
- Beat margarine, milk powder, and baking powder until smooth
- Add sifted almond powder and flour, stir well until ur dough is good enough to shape
- Shape it like crescent
- Bake for 20 minutes, lift it immediately while its hot and roll it into ur powder sugar + vanilli (I sieved my sugar and pls be careful when ur roll em cos it break!)
- Store in airtight container





6 comments:

Sizuka said...

Rima,

sekali pandang, Sonia looks like my nephew, Shariff with her big eyes and thick lashes. Comel sangat. Geram rasa nak cubit. One of these days, I'll upload gambar Shariff and you tengok, sama tak. :D

Happy hols to u and ur family! :D

izahdaut said...

kak rima... comel biskut tu.. rasa nak ngap ngap je... seperti biasa, kalau masuk blog kak rima ni akan kegeraman melihat dak sonia tuh..haisshhh... happy holidays kak!!

Rima said...

You shud Sizuka.. nak tengok jugak how ur nephew looks like.. :o)

Rima said...

Hehe dak sonia tu memang gitew.. Izah belum dengar bila dia start terpekik pekau.. no longer look cute bila dia buat hal.. rasa macam nak jotos pun ade hahahah

BabyBeluga said...

My fave! Love it when our neighbor delivered her homemade cookies yesterday because, she also made this cookie

Rima said...

Its addictive and yummy... homemade ones are the best ey.. happy hols babyBeluga!

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..