1 more night...
One more day bef year end ey... seriously?? can u really feel it?? I know i cant cos when hb booked movie tickets for us to watch last night we realised that we have done 364 days this year! eekkk (not just that.. we realised that we have not watched a movie together for the past 4yrs!! super eekkkkss!!) where hv all the moons gone to this year?? am i ready for a brand new year?? How is it gonna be like next year?? Will i be a much more wiser person.. ahemmm... will i be stronger err not strong headed yah hb!! hehe.. I pray hard that its gonna be an easy one... i pray hard that my family will be in good health... :o)
So anyway I had baked this cheesecake the night bef.. both hb and i had gone to the Isetan private sale earlier that day.. in fact as early as half past 7 lol.. call us kiasu but thats how it is with private sales... well err pardon me.. i wouldnt call myself super kiasu cos when we got there.. the queue was already looonnggg!! is it worth queuing?? hehe if u think there is something that u wanna get and they are giving like 40% off.. its better to start early ey bef its too late hehehe..
Okie dokie.. heres the recipe to this wonderful cheesecake.. I really like the taste of this cheesecake while hb felt that the caramel part shud be much more crunchier.. overall he loves the combination of this cheesecake and oh hey if u hv not caught Gulliver's Travel.. go and watch it with ur other half cos its fun! ty Shiela for babysitting Sonia.. this weekend Wawa might need ur service again hehhe
170g digestive biscuits
30g brown sugar
70g butter, melted
20 pieces Werther's Original caramels
45 ml milk
1/4 tsp salt
90g pecans,chopped coarsely - I used almonds
200g good dark chocolate - I used Manner couverture
170g nestle cream - I used double cream
500g cream cheese, softened
150ml sour cream- i used lite sour cream
150g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain flour
1. To make the Caramel Filling: Microwave everything on low till smooth and melted. Stir in nuts. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C - i make sure i crush Werther's bef microwaving it..
2. In a medium bowl, combine digestive crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Pour on melted caramel mixture and freeze for 30 minutes. (i used 10" springform pan)
3. To make ganache.. heat cream and pour onto chocolate.. let it sit for a few mins and stir till it thickenned.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar,sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift in the flour. Fold 1/3 of the filling into the chocolate ganache, then mix till smooth. Pour some white batter on the crust, marble half the chocolate batter thru then smooth on the remaining white batter. Marble the remaining chocolate batter on
5. Steam-bake (in bain-marie) in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool in oven with door slightly open. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
6. Can decorate with chocolate glaze before serving...melt some chocolate with butter and a bit of golden syrup for a shiny look,pipe/drizzle randomly over the cake. - I did chocolate ganache instead.. Heat 150ml of double cream and pour it into 150g dark chocolate.. let it sit for a few mins bef stirring 20g of butter.
Source: Stef and Aunty Yochana