Hb's fav cake... hes a big fan of mousse.. moist... creamy (not buttercream of cos) kinda cake and since hes home i thought what better than to bake him his fav cake.. wink wink - "babe.. my bday coming u know" muahahahha.. no lah.. its more abt me feeling guilty for not been baking him his all time fav cake.. :o)
Marvelous recipe is fm Elkaje.. got to love the desert recipes in her blog.. the cake itself is so so soft that when u eat it.. the whole thang just melts in ur mouth.. the mousse is ohhh so so yummeh.. felt as tho ur eating ice cream.. both Sonia and I had 3 slices already.. burp hehehe
Chocolate sponge cake
5 egg yolks
2 egg whites
10g corn flour
15g cocoa powder - i used valrhona
65g margarine - i used unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pan 20X20X4 cm
1 tsp instant coffee - i used 1 tbsp
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2tbsp rhum - I used vanilla extract
1 tsp instant coffee mixed with 1 tbsp hot water
75 g heavy cream - I used double cream
100 gr White cooking chocolate - I used Marmer white couverture
2 LBR gelatine, soak in cold water - i used 4g gelatine powder dissolved in a little hot water - stir
150g heavy cream, whipped until fluffy
75g heavy cream - i used double cream
100g Dark cooking chocolate - i used marmer dark couverture chocolate
2 LBR gelatin, soak in cold water - i used 4g gelatin powder
150g heavy cream, whipped until fluffy - I used double cream
1. Beat sugar and eggs until fluffy and thickened
2. Sieved flour, cornflour, cocoa powder and baking powder
3. Fold in flour mixture gently till well combined
4. Fold in melted butter and mix well
5. Pour batter into greased pan and baked it for 15mins .. 175C
6. Sliced cake into two part and set it aside
Method for both mousse
1. Heat the heavy cream
2. Add into white cooking chocolate and let it sit for 5 mins bef stirring.
2. Add in gelatin and stir till combined.
3. In another bowl, whisk heavy cream till fluffy.. add chocolate mixture into heavy cream and stir gently - place in fridge.
For coffee mousse
Same as abv except u add ur coffee mixture after u add the rest to whipped cream.
- Place a piece of sponge cake in a ring pan (pan without base) square size 20x20
drizzle cake with half the coffee syrup
- Pour coffee mousse
- Cover with chocolate sponge cake
- Sprinkle cake with remaining coffee syrup
- Pour the chocolate mousse
- Let it sit in fridge overnight or at least for 4hrs bef serving.
Well ok.. its friday.. its time to play.. hv a good weekend girls!