I hv been out and abt for the past few days.. err eversince last Thursday.. I am kaput and I am so ready to return hb's car back to him tmrw.. finally I hv had enough of driving for now and am planning to stay home and be a good girl hehe
Last Saturday while we were out with my god daughter Marissa and Alysha we received a phone call fm hb's ex Adelaide school mate.. he moved to Singapore 3 wks ago and has been adjusting very well to life here.. he came over to our place yesterday for afternoon coffee and ended up spending the whole evening with us.. was good fun catching up since the last time we met him was a year ago in Adelaide..
Anyway we later took him to Ikea to look for new furniture and also took him to dinner since it was his birthday.. Happy Birthday Will!!
I woke up today with a bad cramp.. its the time of the month and I'm not in the mood to do anything.. had planned to take Sonia to Go Go Bambini but she wasnt interested.. shes too engrossed playing with her new toolbox and naming all the tools in her toolbox without having me to teach her.. imagine the look on my face when she started saying "screwdriver, spanner and hammer" hahaha.. maybe i shud call her Sonia the handygirl ahakss
So ok.. this was what i baked today to take to my aunt's place.. had wanted to bake my typical pandan chiffon but while looking for a new recipe to try out, i found this wonderful looking chiffon in one of the indon websites..
7 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
7 egg yolks
1/2 tsp baking powder
75 ml cooking oil
150 ml of full cream milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder (I used valrhona)
1 tsp chocolate paste (I added BF paste too)
1. Stir (B) until blended, set aside - (I whisk egg yolks and sugar first, then add oil and milk.. I then fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt gently and put it aside)
2. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until bubbly, add sugar a little at a time and continue to whip until soft peak.
3. Take 1/3 of egg white mixture and add into egg yolk mixture.. fold in gently bef pouring the rest of egg yolk mixture into egg white. Divide batter equally into two portions and add cocoa powder and paste into one portion.
4. Spoon white batter and chocolate batter alternately into a 22cm chiffon pan.. bake it at 170C for 45mins.
5. Lift, turn the pan on the neck of the bottle, let stand until cold. Once cool, remove cake from pan with the help of a knife.