..... more Lapis
The second layer cake that I've baked.. have been wanting to bake this cake eversince I first saw it in KG's blog.. just like any other lapis cake that uses fruits.. this one tastes slightly different than my banana and durian lapis cake.. it has that sweet thang taste and I think mom wud love the taste of this chempedak lapis cake as much as the other two!
500g butter ( I used Golden Churn)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (I added a tsp vanilla powder)
275g caster sugar
2 tbsp ovalette
(C) sift together:
100g HK flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
(D) blend together:
500g cempedak flesh
150g condensed milk
1. Preheat oven.. 175C.. prepare a greased 8x8x3.
2.Beat A for about 3 minutes, set aside.
3. Beat B until light and fluffy, about 10 mins
4.Fold A into B until well incorporated.
5.Fold C into the AB mixture, mixing well.
6.Start layering batter.. I weigh 75g for each layer and bake using upper fire (grill).
7. Once bake.. take 2 tbsp of chempedak paste and spread it evenly and bake again for abt 3 mins or till chempedak layer is well dried!
8. Continue to do so till ur done with ur batter... batter-chempedak-batter-chempedak.. lol i think all in all i had to take in and out my baking pan more than 40 times!!
9. Bake last layer using upper and lower heat.. 150C for abt 20mins.
I also baked four other lapis cake.. lapis prune, lapis rempah, lapis nutella strawberry and lapis nutella.
Recipe of lapis prune and lapis rempah u can get fm my previous post... recipe of both lapis nutella u can get fm abg Rozzan blog.
Sorry but u guys hv to do ur own google translate for now cos I need to sleep early as tomorrow i hv a few more cakes to bake.. nite peeps!