Lapis Haw Flakes
Sorry peeps.. I know I hv been baking layer cakes these few rounds.. Eid month.. ppl expecting Eid goodies which reminds me of what Junie said to me last weekend when she visited us for Eid.. "you know Rima.. I like Hari Raya cakes and cookies.. they are different and they are the best"... awwww how sweet.. now dont blame me if u go home and weigh a kg more wakakakahhh
Long story short as I am baking Lapis prune and updating my blog at the same time.. last night I baked a Sarawak layer cake.. definitely not my first time baking it either.. I hv tried a few recipes and this is what i think abt it..
Everyone knows that Sarawak lapis is known for its colour and sweetness and to be honest I used to like Sarawak lapis a lot until i started baking Indon lapis legit.. the texture between these two is huge as one produces a super moist cake and another produces a slightly oily cake nevertheless it doesnt stop me fm baking it every year..
450g butter - (I used golden churn)
210g sugar - (i used 150g)
10 eggs - (grade A)
300g Marie biscuits, finely ground
300g sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder (I didnt use)
2 packs haw flakes - 200 pcs
Food colouring of ur choice
1. Preheat oven 175C.. greased 8x8x3
2. Whisk butter and sugar until white, add eggs one at a time and continue to whisk on high speed until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence and beat well... Dont panic if u see ur batter curdle at this stage.
4. Turn speed to low and add sweetened condensed milk and grinded Marie biscuit.. Mix well.
5. Divide batter into 3 or 4 equal parts. Add in your favorite colors in each part, mix well.
6. Bake every colour twice (120g each layer).. add haw flakes on every second layer.. meaning:
yellow + haw flakes
green + haw flakes
pink + haw flakes
purple + haw flakes
7. Bake last layer using upper and lower fire 150C for abt 15 mins (u are better off not to put any haw flakes on the last layer as I hv difficulties slicing my cake)
Hairi and hb ate a few slices in one go and commented.. "this cake is alright.. of cos cannot compare to lapis legit but this cake is nice.. " Alrighty.. there u go.. my super fussy cake tester gives a (90%) thumbs up hehehe
Source: Bro Rozzan