Japanese Style Cheesecake
When the cat is away.. the mice got bored.... yep yep.. hes not in town again.. hb flew to HCM yesterday and will be home on Friday.. I shud hv just rest at home after a hectic wkened but instead I decided to take Sonia to the zoo this morning and stayed there till after lunch.
By the time we were done and back in the car i was so exhausted that i had to wait a few mins bef i cud even start to drive.. honestly my greatest fear was .. falling asleep while driving... :o(
We got home safely.. alhamdullilah.. put her to bed and after sholat i managed to nap for an hour .. I woke up.. baked Hairi his fav cheesecake.. (yes my son is still on MC and will hv to go back to take off his stitches this friday... the same day i hv to send Sonia for her booster jab which i think i might call them up tmrw to defer the date.. the same day I hv to go to the airport to fetch hb..)
Anyway i cant stay long.. Sonia is sleeping next to me and i dont want her to wake up to the sound of my typing.. for some reason she kept on saying "takut" "takut" after i fixed her new thomas train track two hrs ago (I had bought it for her earlier today when I was in town to meet up with sis Lyn and Wati for a quick coffee) she was all ok at first till i went down to get some batteries for her new toy.. she suddenly started shouting for me and looked really scared when i got to her room.. she said she doesnt want thomas and wants me to put it away.. honestly i cud sense something wasnt right when she keeps on saying that she wants her roller blind to be up too.. hmmm .. it was almost midnight.. Hairi is not home.. alone in our 5 storey house.. best solution.. sleep together hahaha
60g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese, leave at room temperature
120 ml whip cream - (I used double cream)
5 egg yolks
2 tsp grated lemon peel
5 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
125g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
toppings (I didnt use any topping)
2 tsp apricot jam
2 tbsp water
* Prepare a round baking pan 22 cm, Cover baking paper, spread butter. Preheat oven to 150C.
* Mix the butter, cream cheese and whip cream in the container. Simmer, stirring until soft, remove from fire. (double boiler)
* Add sifted A (flour mixture) and stir well. Add egg yolks and continue to mix well.
* Add lemon skin, mix well, set aside.
* Beat the egg whites until frothy, add sugar and lemon juice a little at a time and continue to whisk till soft peak.
* Pour 1 / 3 egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture and stir well. Pour this mixture into remaining egg white mixture and stir well.
* Pour batter into pan, bake au bain marie way, about 75 minutes until the surface of ripe, golden yellow. Remove from oven.
* Once completely cool, remove cake from pan.
* Heat the apricot jam and water, apply to the surface of cheesecake.
Note: I shud hv waited till my cake cools down bef slicing em!!
Source: 35 Variations Cheesecake Recipes by Yasaboga