Menu

Apple Compote Financiers




Not much to talk abt.. Hairi is back cos tomorrow he has an early appt with his doc.. remember a few months ago when he decided to do a minor surgery on his finger just so he could get mc?? well after a few months. he now has to go through another minor surgery to take the metal rod out of his finger and i think its not gonna be a long kinda surgery.. will hv to ask his dad to send him to the hospital first and hopefully I will be able to be there bef lunch so that i can visit my grandma first bef Hairi's done with his surgery.






I will hv to take Sonia to her doc too for her hepatitis A booster jab.. shes not gonna be a happy girl come tomorrow cos the moment she steps her feet into the clinic she knows exactly what shes gonna get lol..





Anyway I am not too sure if I will be updating my blog tomorrow as its gonna be a fully packed day for us.. a visit to Sonia's doc, hospital and we hv to attend a dinner party later in the evening.. so ok enough rambling.. lets talk abt these lovelies.. aint they the prettiest?? the thing abt financiers.. they can be so so pretty no matter what u decide to hv as toppings.. this is the first time that I'm using apple as topping and I decided to prepare an apple compote.. surprisingly not only does it give out a super rich flavor .. I felt like as tho I am killing two birds with one stone cos u can use the syrup as glazing too..





Oh u can of cos use any of ur fav muffin recipe and add apple compote as topping but i preferred to bake an apple compote financier today simply bec apple+spices goes well in financiers= almonds=reminds u of apples.. get it?? errrr





Apple compote slices
5 medium (600-650 gr) apples, cored, thinly sliced
400 gr water
200 gr caster sugar
3 cardamom pods, coarsely crushed
3 star anises
1 cinnamon stick

1. In a large saucepan, bring apple slices, water, sugar, and all spices to boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer until apple slices are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and drain.

(Do not throw away the simmering liquid when you drain the apple slices. Reduce them until thick and syrupy and use as glaze.)





Financiers recipe u can get it fm here and here.

OR

You can use this muffins recipe if u like to bake an apple compote muffin

Ingredients
makes 6
Muffin batter:
80 gr self-raising flour
30 gr plain flour
10 gr brown sugar
30 gr caster sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 lemon, zest of
1 egg
30 ml vegetable oil
60 ml milk


1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 6-hole muffin pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl.
3. Make a hole in the middle of dry ingredients mixture and pour the wet ingredients.
4. Stir until just moistened. Spoon batter on prepared muffin pan.
5. Working quickly, arrange apple slices decoratively on top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Let cool on a wire rack before glazing.

Note: if you don't glaze them, you might want to increase the brown sugar/caster sugar amount a bit.

18 comments:

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Tetiba mcm terasa nak makan desert pulak kalau tgk blog you ni. Dah mlm2 ni nak keluar malas lah pulak nak bersiap. Anyway thnks a lot for your recipes. Your choc chip cookies are 'da bomb'. I cant find recipe for Lapis Cadbury, though I saw the photo was pasted somewhere in your blog.

Rima said...

Mrs &amp
Hehehe bahaya tau if dah mlm2 nak keluar cari desert.. nanti baik baik nak makan cake.. termakan desert yg lain2 ahakkkss

I am not too sure if i ever buat lapis cadbury.. i biasa buat lapis nutella and use cadbury chocolate as fillings..

DG said...

Beautiful apple rose financiers!

Rima said...

Ty DG.. not a perfect one since this is the first time I am using apple.. will keep on trying to get the perfect rose financiers.. :o)

KG said...

sempat lagi tu! and i hope tt sonia is ok!

made the tart nenas using your recipe and lapis legit yday for my family...tak sampai mlm dah habis! and i got spoekek powder and coffee oil in one baking shop in pontian...cool kan pontian itu!

T said...

Those are pretty.

I have to smile when I see the word "Financier" because it reminded me of my trip in NYC. I was in Wall St. area and saw this pastry shop called "Financier Patisserie" and thought that the Patisserie was trying to be clever by being naming it Financier since it is like a block away from Wall St. Needless to say, I didn't stop by because that was just to tacky for me.

Fast foward some time later, I found out that Financier is also referring to that little French cake. Ooops... Had I known that, I would have gone to that Patisserie.

Sizuka said...

salam,

I stumbled upon ur blog at Hana's. Love it! the photos make me drool.. feels like taking up baking once I'm back from kampung :)

when the night light is off said...

Get well soon Princess Sonia and don't be afraid of injection. Cam kena gigit semut je, itulah ayat yang dr tu guna untuk tipu hambaAllah tu.

Get well Hairi. And to you to mama, take it lightly with grandma in the hospital, anak bujang nak g hospital and sibungsu pun kena g hospital.

Take care of you and family.Eh! you all singaporean raya sakan ek. Ai dah muak, seminggu tak berhenti menambah lemak ke pinggang ku yang ramping.

3E said...

Hi Kak Rima...
Saya dah buat dah Devil's Brownies Cookies tu....mudah, simple tapi hasilnya memang BEST!!!!...
Tq so much for the recipe ya Kak Rima...u punya blog ni dah jadi one of my reference utk cuba resepi2 terbaru...tq so much again...
nanti saya post 'kan gambar Devil's Brownies Cookies tu kat blog saya..till then!!!!

Rima said...

KG
You dah balik KL ke?? Pontian memang cool.. my ex MIL tinggal kat sana.. well actually kat senpang rengam area.. I didnt know kat KL tak de coffee oil till ramai yg told me abt it..

You bake lapis legit yg mana?? if yg banyak telur.. I am not surprised cos i pun boleh makan berkeping keping hehe..

Sonia dah tak demam.. but yesterday doc kata dia kena ear infection pulak cos of her batuk :o(

Rima said...

T
I think if its not cos of my hb I wouldnt know what financier is too :o)

Whenever we travel .. we hv this habit of checking out patisserie.. u shud hv just gone in cos u never know what kinda desert u can find in there.. who knows their cakes might look like a US dollar note? hehehe

Rima said...

Salam Suzuki
Welcome dear and singgah lah sini lagi if u hv the time yah.. :o)

Rima said...

Melati
Orang sg memang raya sakan .. macam tak habis habis rumah yg harus dikunjungi.. we still hv a long way to settle all the houses cos terbantut bila Sonia sakit.. am hoping i can get it done today but nampaknye most of my aunties will not be around.. so terpaksa lah harap kan weekdays

Ty for all the well wishes.. Hairi's day surgery went well and hes resting at home now.. Sonia is well again except semalam doc tak leh kasi injection cos she still ade flu and batuk.. so hv to go there again in 2wks time.. my grandma looks better.. kaki dah tak bengkak macam waktu raya but still in hospital..

Rima said...

3E
Woaaahhhh tentu ur kids suka brownie cookie itew.. glad u like it as much as we did.. dont u agree that trying out new recipe gives u some kinda satisfaction?? err well if benda tu menjadi lah.. if tak rasa macam geram pun ade muahahah

hana said...

waweeeee...lawonyerrrr... sayang nak makan dehh! kene petik epel dulu di ladang! ko jangan tak caya rim aku ade ladang epel...ladangku terletak di supermaket! wakakakakakakaa...

Rima said...

Muahahha kau ni kelakar lah Hana.. sayang nak makan?? tak ah.. baru keluar oven dah melantak benda ni kahkahkah.. eh Hana ladang mu ladang epel and ade perkerja sekali kannnn.. siap dgn cashier lagi.. power power kahkahkah

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Too pretty to eat :)

Rima said...

True but but I still ate them wakakaka

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..