Menu

Spongebob Cake

While other food bloggers hv lots to talk abt and lots of food photos to post.. I hv been slacking in that department.. Been busy and hardly have any time during day time to even go online :o(

Lately after iftar my body just gives way.. so tired and very sleepy that once hb actually caught me falling asleep while blog hopping hehehe.. anyway yesterday we had iftar in JB.. Nando's to be exact.. hb has been craving for it like forever.. so we drove in and got stuck in traffic due to heavy rain.. luckily we managed to reach there on time for iftar.. we later went to Tesco to get a few stuff before heading home.

This morning I didnt even go back to sleep after morning prayer since I had to bake Danish's birthday cake.. At first I didnt hv any intention to bake him this cake.. Sis lyn kept on reminding me to bake a small cake.. nothing fancy.. had to be triple choco caramel cake tho.. Sooo since she requested for TCCC I had to figure out a way on how to make my cake more attractive in the eye of a young boy.. the first thing i did was to go online.. figure out what kinda cake is best for him.. prepared the ganache.. then baked the cake and while waiting for it to cool off.. I prepared swiss meringue buttercream and coloured em.. took out my chilled ganache and began to whip it.. I also had to prepare the caramel and sugar syrup...







Triple Choco Caramel Cake recipe u can get fm my previous post except I doubled the cake recipe to get a bigger cake.. I didnt double the ganache recipe tho since I didnt plan to cover the whole cake with ganache..






Swiss meringue buttercream recipe I got fm here.. superb recipe and I will definately be using it again n again.. ty Wendy and Tartelette



Ingredients:
60gm egg white (about 2 large whites)
100gm sugar
170gm unsalted butter (taken out from fridge and cut into 10-12 small pieces just before you start to heat the egg whites)


Method:
1. Put the sugar and egg whites in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk constantly, keeping the mixture over the heat.. about 3 minutes. The sugar should be dissolved, and the mixture will look like marshmallow cream (I used a thermometer and waited till it reaches 65C)

2. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Put the bowl into a basin of water. The water should feel cold, like tap water on a rainy day. Do not use very cold water. Beat the meringue on medium speed until it cools and forms a thick shiny meringue, about 5 minutes. (I didnt do that.. I poured the mixture straight into my stand mixer and began to whisk till thick and shiny - abt 5 mins)

3. Now add in butter, one tablespoon at a time, beating until smooth. Once all the butter is in, beat in the buttercream on medium-high speed until it is thick and very smooth, 6-10 minutes.





Note:
I doubled the recipe of buttercream for this cake and used Wilton gel colouring.. yellow, red, blue and black for buttercream.. spongebob pants is made of chocolate ganache ..

30 comments:

Yat Maria said...

Rims,

awesome cake as always..untungkan jadi nephew or niece to a tante yg terer membaking nih :)..I teringat zaman 70-an, cake numbers begitu fofular sekali..masa primary 1, cake bentuk no. 7..kalo dolu2 saper dapat cake number2 nih dah kira kencang lah..kui3x..nanti bila ai reach the big 4, nak order lah opera cake with the big 4 size dabak punya so kena gak ah ngan tuan punya diri.. :) bule kah?? haha

Anonymous said...

HUGE thanks n BIG hugs for yr effort, time n costs you hv put in Danish's cake!! It was SUPERB! Thumbs up for d taste n design.. Dun forget d pre-order request from ysterday crowd for time to come.. MJ,USHER,HK..blablabla.. Hehehehe.. *kiddin*.. muckss,Li-Lin.

Shaz said...

Great looking cake rima!

CS said...

A work of art there Rima ...
.
.
.
*blinking eyes*

Rima said...

Hehehe Yat.. cannn but ah sikit punya weak cos hv to bake every layer of n0 4.. number tu mengigat kan usia ku yg muda remaja ni :o)

I didnt know ur not even 40 yet.. u and my 2nd sis sama umur gitew

Rima said...

No worries sis walaupun badan ku sakit2 pagi ini hahaha

Glad everyone likes it.. especially ur chocolate addict hb hehehe

Rima said...

Ty Shaz.. first time doing it.. cud be better tho

Rima said...

Blink blink.. tu pun work of art tau cos kita boleh juling kan mata kita ahaakkksss

Edi said...

wah rima... superb spongebob cake!

Unknown said...

Wah Kak Rima ... It's so AWESOME!!! sure Danish happy punye ... very cantik sayang sey kalau nak makan ... *drooling*

Rima said...

Edi
blushing.. u lagi terror tauuu bab bab icing mengicing ni :o)

Rima said...

Ilah
Part nak potong kek memang macam sayang but kan bila tengok budak budak makan rasa macam berbaloi ..

lemongrass said...

Wow!!!!!
Amazing spongebob! Kalau I pun, rela dapat kek spongebob mcm ni because I suka spongebob :-).

Rima said...

Hehehe i think spongebob ni di sukai oleh semua peringkat umur tau.. dari si budak hingga ke mak budak.. my son is a super big fan of spongebob dulu.. punya lah banyak patung dia ade.. si Sonia pulak hardly watch it tho she likes to imitate bunyi si spongebob.. ayayayaya ayayayaya ayayayaya :op

Edi said...

mana ada.. i kalau cupcks kecik2 tu ok la.. kek besar2 ni i gerun... nak bake pun dah gerun.. selalu tak jadi.. naik mcm kawah gunung berapi.. hehehe

hana said...

waaaaaaa mmg superb!!! kalau aku buat, ntah2 jadik apa gaknyer si spongebob tuh! baik2 ade spendot, terus ilang spendot! wakakakakakaka

Rima said...

LOL Edi.. ahhh lain kali if cake naik macam kawah gunung berapi.. cut off the top part and keep in freezer.. if terasa nak makan truffles.. u blend it and add ur leftover ganache.. dah jadi macam my truffles tu hehehe

Edi said...

tulah.. i br baca your entry tu... great idea! hehe... and so cutelah your hubby tulis camtu! haha

Rima said...

Muahahha Hana.. nasib baik si spongebob aku rupe dia macam spongebob jugak ah.. dah tu my hb said kenape si cheese ade dot dot biru laut.. supposed to be the same colour kan.. dah tu i baru terperasan seh.. i told him .. eh my spongebob tu blue cheese lah hahahah

Rima said...

Edi my hb tu over sikit but yes hes a funny n super friendly guy.. He can be a pain too hehe

BEAUTY said...

now everyone knows my age sis...tapi tak pe yang penting masih sweeeet.any 20 fingers up *termasuk jari kak* for the effort you put into this cake.da chance buatkan me next year january.tapi nak gambar roshyam nooor.I LIKEEEE

Rima said...

Cannn any gambo also can.. Just use edible image haha

WendyinKK said...

Hi,
Glad you liked the cream :)
Nice blog you have here

Rima said...

Hi Wendy
Ty .. u got a nice blog too! :o)

Yes, Everyone loved it and i will definately be using this recipe for my future cake that requires buttercream.. tks!

Unknown said...

Hi Rima,
I tried this but i think mine didn't turn out- it was watery like cake batter :(
Any tips for me? Thanks a lot...

Rima said...

Hi Caroline
Ur egg white+sugar has to be whipped till shiny and at the same time make sure ur meringue has cool down bef u add ur butter.. butter has to be chill bef u use it ok..

Unknown said...

Ok will try it again..hopefully it works out..
Thanks Rima..& will let you know.

I think i will add a little more sugar,i tasted the batter and felt it wasn't sweet enough for me,yeah i have a sweet tooth...hehe

Is it all right to add say another 20gm sugar but with the same amount of egg whites and butter?

oops sorry for another round of questions...

Rima said...

Shouldnt be a probs.. 20g is not much more hehe.. good luck!

sam said...

What size pan did you use??? And Thank you for the recipes, they sound wonderful!!!

Rima said...

Sam
Hmm i remember i had to use 2 pans of the same size for ths spongebob cake cos i didnt want a big cake.. lemme check in my pantry and i will let u know later..

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..