Menu

Simple Marmer Pound Cake




I know I hv not been updating my blog recently.. its just that I am not at my best right now.. there are too many things on my mind that make me feel so so down... hb reminds me over n over again that I shud just take things one day at a time... that I shud be thankful I hv Sonia to hug when I needed someone to hug.. that I hv a roof over my head.. that I am healthy.. that hb has a job... that Hairi is all grown up.. that whatever happens.. it happens for a reason...






Ya Allah.. pls embrace my loved ones..

Ya Allah.. though I dont show it.. I know that u know every fact that fills my heart.. n u always will..

Ya Allah.. pls help me to grow into a stronger person for I know that things can be fine with Your will..

AMEEN..







So today after I put Sonia to bed.. I decided to bake something.. nothing fancy.. just a simple marmer cake to take my mind off things .. cake turned out well eventho my heart n mind are somewhere else :o(


Ingredients
150g butter (I used President)
100g sugar
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
150g flour
1 tsp baking powder (I used double acting powder)
1 tsp cocoa powder (I used valrhona)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (I added)
1 tsp black forest paste (I added.. if u cant find BFP u can sub with chocolate paste)





Method
Sieve flour and baking powder.. set aside.
Beat butter until soft, add sugar slowly.. whipped until white.
Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat till well combined. Turn speed to low and add vanilla essence.. add sifted flour.. mix well.
Set aside 2 tablespoons of batter and add cocoa powder and BFP, mix well. Pour remaining white batter into 22x10cm loaf pan.. top with chocolate batter and gv it a few swirl (with chopsticks) to form a marble motif.
Bake in oven with a temperature of 180C for 40 minutes or until cooked. (I used friand mould and bake it for 20mins)





On a lighter note.. my son has gotten his motorbike licence while we were in Jakarta.. congrats son eventho mama prefers u to be driving a car..

Source: Fatma B - NCC

13 comments:

Yat Maria said...

Be strong & have absolute faith..insyaAllah..dipermudahkan..
take care dear..u r in our thots..

lemongrass said...

Sonia,
may Allah listens to your prayers and make the problems go away and make your heart lighter.
Be strong girl and take care!
Psst... your cake still looks marvelous as always! :-)

CS said...

Excuse me but Lemongrass mesti 'tak perasan tu' :-)

Rima
"Amin" to your doa. Hopefully the shady cloud fades away real soon, insyaallah.

Anonymous said...

Semoga Allah memberi you kekuatan. Sesungguhnya Dia ada menyediakan you sesuatu yg lagi terbaik dari semalam.

Anyway the marmer mini cakes look sedaplicious. I nak try buat lah...maklum baru nak belajar baking.

KG said...

i would bake also in times like what you are going through...soothes all pain....take care!

when the night light is off said...

Hai Rima

Begitulah kehidupan. I agreed with yr hubby statement. BTW, face the problem, don't run away from it. If you know what you are facing now is a problem to you, you already solved 1/2 of the problem. Yes, sometimes, it take time to settle problem but keep in your mind that you will always want to settle the problem. InsyAllah, the problems settle.

Be a strong daughter,wife and a mother. Have a nice day, dear Rima.

Edi said...

rima,
i hope ething will be on your way, i'allah.. do take care of yourself first, then u can take care of your family in great shape :)
jgn risau2 sgt ok..

Maizatul said...

Ameen, semoga Allah makbulkan doa u. Keep praying and always remember Allah. Take care.

Rima said...

To all babes..
I wanna thank all for ur concern, prayers and messages.. I hope that my prob will blow over soon. Insya'Allah

zn said...

sabar ye kak rima....kalo stress tgk muka sonia, mesti rasa release skit...
keep on baking n post new entry yer, tak sabar nak baca....

Shal said...

dear rima,
setiap dugaan ada hikmahNya, Allah hanya memberi dugaan kpd org yang mampu menerima dugaaNya dengan sabar and tabah, also as a reminder to us to come bck to Him. Bykkan bersabar and istigfar k.

Rima said...

Ty noor.. Doa doa kan i ok..

Rima said...

Alhamdullilah Shal.. setiap ape yg terjadi ade hikmah nye.. ty for ur doas :o)

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..