When is Mid Autumn Festival?? isnt it in September?? hehhe oh well.. I had bought these molds during my baking shopping spree yesterday.. sometimes I wish there is a mold just for Eid?? u know a mold that looks like this but has "Selamat Hari Raya" wording on it?? wouldnt it be pretty?? hmmmm I shud hv bought this mold in Jakarta that has a mosque pic on it.. if its not cos my luggage was overloaded with my baking stuff.. I wud probably have gotten that mold.. grrrr
Anyway we had a super busy weekend.. we invited everyone for iftar at our place last friday.. had korean bbq.. believe me I had wanted to take pics but unfortunately I forgot all abt it.. Sooo let me think.. I had prepared bubur som som and awol awol as desert.. again dont ask me wheres my desert pics cos I really didnt hv time to take any that day..
Yesterday we had a long day.. Hairi was supposed to come home this weekend but unfortunately his platoon has to do a standby guard duty so we had to run a few errands for him.. u see my son got himself a bike.. YES... u heard me right.. these couple of weeks hes been looking at bikes.. he wanted to get this bike called Spark which we think is not suitable for him.. as much as we hate the fact that hes finally gonna be riding a bike.. we have no choice but to find something that we think wud be suitable for him.. soooo last weekend both Hairi and hb went to look at bikes and finally he found the bike that gives him sleepless nights.... soo come this week when hes out of camp hes probably gonna be getting his bike and also his new helmet which hb ordered online.. sigh.. u see... if u cannot stop em'.. u just hv to make sure at least hes not riding some bike that will make him want to ride fast.. u hv to make sure the helmet that he uses is safe (ONLY full face helmets).. I just hope that he will be a responsible road user..
Ok lets move on... this dessert was prepared eventho we didnt end up having our iftar at home.. thank u mom for taking all of us out for dinner.. hope everyone likes the pudding as much as we did.. and oh once again.. u guys hv to do the google translate ok if u need it in english.. I am copying it directly fm another pudding book which i bought while in Jakarta.. Primarasa - Pencuci mulut a la Barat Terlazat :o)) - (I hv updated an english version at the bottom of this entry)
7g agar agar bubuk putih(7g jelly powder)
130g gula pasir (130g sugar)
700ml susu cair (700ml full cream milk)
2 sdm kopi instant (2 instant coffee aka nescafe)
1/2 sdm pasta moka (1/2 tbsp mocha paste)
4 kuning telur (4 egg yolk)
1 sdm mentega (1 tbsp butter)
1-2 sdm rum (1 tbsp rum) - I didnt use
2 putih telur (egg white - abt 70g)
1/4 sdt cream of tartar (1/4 tsp cream of tartar)
3 1/2g agar agar bubuk putih (3 1/2g jelly powder)
60g gula pasir (60g sugar)
150ml air (150ml water)
1/4 sdm pasta moka, larutkan dalam sedikit air (1/4 tbsp mocha paste mix with a little water)
1 sdm rum (1 tbsp rum) - I didnt use
1. Siapkan cetakan puding volume 1000ml. Basahi bagian dalamnya dengan air matang, sisihkan
2. Puding moka: Taruh agar agar, gula dan susu dalam panci, aduk rata, lalu jerang hingga mendidih. Larutkan kopi instan dan pasta moka dengan sedikit air, tuang ke dalam panci agar agar, aduk, kecilkan api nya.
3. Kocok kuning telur asal lepas, ambil 1 senduk sayur adonan agar agar, tuang ke dalam telur kock. Tuang adonan telur ke dalam agar agar, aduk rata. Tambahkan mentega, matikan api. Teruskan mengaduk hingga adonan agak dingin, masukkan rum. Tuang ke dalam cetakan.
4. Puding busa: Kocok putih telur dan cream of tartar dengan mikser berkecepatan sedang hingga mengembang dan kaku, sisihkan. Masak agar agar, gula, dan air, tambahkan pasta noka, didihkan, angkat. Tuang ke dalam putih telur kocok, kocok hingga rata. Tambahkan rum, aduk. Tuang puding busa di atas puding moka yang permukaannya sudah agak membeku. Biarkan hingga agak dingin, simpan dalam lemari es hingga keras.
5. Keluarkan puding dari cetakannya, taruh diatas piring saji, potong potong.
Rasanya passss dehhhh.. pokoknya gue suka ama ini pudding hehehe
So ok heres the english version on how to prepare mochacinno pudding
1. Prepare pudding mold (volume of 1000ml). Dampen mold with boiled water - set aside
2. Mocha pudding: Mix jelly powder, sugar and milk in a saucepan, stir well, bring to boil. Dissolve instant coffee and mocha paste with a little water, pour into the pan and continue to stir, reduce heat it.
3. Beat egg yolk using hand whisk or even fork, take a ladle of jelly mixture and add into egg yolk - stir well. Pour the egg mixture back into jelly mixture, stir well. Add in butter, turn off the heat. Continue stirring until mixture is slightly cool, add in rum. Pour into molds.
4. Sponge pudding: Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar using stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy and stiff, set aside. Mix and cook jelly powder, sugar, and water, add pasta mocha paste, bring to a boil, remove from heat. Pour into the beaten egg whites a little at a time, beat until blended. Add rum, stir. Pour custard mocha pudding onto the slightly harden mocha pudding. Leave until cold, chill in refrigerator until hard.
5. Remove the pudding from mold, place on serving plate, cut into pieces.