Menu

Durian Cream Puff




So many things happened lately that I dont even wanna think abt it anymore.. the bottom line is I am grateful.. I am glad and most of all I feel blessed.. last Monday was one terrifying day for me and I hope that I dont hv to go thru that anymore.. Thank you all for ur prayers.. truly appreciated it.. everything is ok now.. things are slowly getting back to normal... my mind is no longer focusing on one thing.. Alhamdullilah.. :o)






That night we had iftar at moms.. wasnt planned but we managed to get it organised.. I prepared baked pasta as main meal.. did konnyaku chocolate jelly and durian cream puff as desert.. sis wati cooked chicken korma and BIL cooked Roti John.. it was a last minute thingy but we ended up with lots of food.. glad that everyone was there for us to share the so called semi good news..


So anyway lets not talk abt that anymore.. this was one of the deserts that I had prepared to take to Moms.. durian puff is one of moms fav desert.. I knew that sis Lyn and family were not big fans of durian but I cant do much since I dont hv enough eggs to make cream puff fillings.. I whipped out my own durian cream filling recipe and this was what i got.. I will definately add more durian flesh next time to gv that durian kick cream puff taste hehehe..






Ohhh and guess what.. finally my 1 1/2 yrs old Acer lappy died on me two nights ago.. hb had tried to revive it back but.. poor hb.. he stayed up till after 1am to fix it but to no avail.. sigh.. I was pretty frustrated with my lappy cos this was the second time that it had died on me.. dont see any reason to send it for repair either so what did hb do yesterday?? he got me a new lappy.. horrahhhh and this time round its a HP.. woot woot hehehe.. ty babe.. ur there when I needed a shoulder to cry on... u were there to listen to all my woos.. ur there when it comes to shopping hehehe.. love u to bits!!


Ingredients
125 g water
125 g milk
100 g butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
150g flour
5 eggs






Method
1. Sift flour on paper.
2.Place water, milk, butter and salt in a pot and heat until butter melts and the mixture starts to boil.
3. Remove from heat and pour in all the flour while continu beating.
4. Put back on the stove and mix until the dough forms a ball and leaves the side of the pot.
5. Remove the pot and pour the dough into a mixing bowl. Using a beater start beating the dough for 2 minutes.
6. Add eggs one at a time making sure thoroughly mixed. Dough should be soft and shiny.
7. Place into piping bag and pipe into shpaes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 180C until it's golden brown.



Durian pastry cream

Ingredients
125g durian flesh (next time I'll use 200g)
3ooml milk
110g sugar
40g corn flour
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup whipping cream- whip until soft peaks form (Omit if ur looking after ur waistline lol)


Method
1. Blend durian flesh and milk
2. Add in sugar and salt - place it in a pan
3. Heat the milk/durian until it starts to boil. Add in corn flour and continue to stir.
4. Add in egg yolk and continue to stir using a whisk until small bubble appear. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove and pour into another container and cover with cling film. Cool down and chill for 2 hours.
6. Once cold fold in the whipping cream. Place in fridge until ready to use.





Source: KG for Pate A Choux and me for the durian fillings

24 comments:

BEAUTY said...

jealous gilaaaa....sukalah 2..well i told you its a bless that the lappy rosak, da chance dpt yang baruuuuu...luv sis wati

Rima said...

Tak yah jealous wokey.. if tak kerana ku perlu kan some kind of connection to the rest of the world and to look for new recipes.. tak kuasa mak hehe

Yan said...

Salam, glad everything is "semi-good" and dont know what to say bout ur new lappy. *sigh* some people r very blessed. i've been reading ur n3 backwards and all i can say is, u've got the life which some of us can only dream of. err.. what's those 4 pcs metal thingy? he he... i ni jakun sket...

Rima said...

I am not a big fan of buying all sort of electrical gadget .. termasuk lah my new born mixer.. to me selagi i can use.. selagi tu lah i akan guna kan.. my old mixer dah more than 20yrs now tu sebab hb beria nak belikan mixer baru.. si lappy ni.. sigh.. tak tahu apasal dia buat hal pulak.. baru 6 months old dah start buat hal.. so when dia buat hal lagi that night.. hb said no point sending it to repair cos no longer under warranty..

Tu metal thingy actually for my fondue set.. can cucuk selagi selagan desert hehe

Ain said...

hmm..y is ur BIL yg prepare the food n not ur sis?? *cabut sebelum my SIL baca*...ehehhe...

Yat Maria said...

Babe..

Glad that everythings sorta settled ya??..gatal tgn nak baking tak dapat..my mixer ai kasi MC cuti panjang..tapi nak kena baik cepat sebelum raya as gotta bake that marble cake for my 2 moms..

u know what...out of the blue, dude tells me & i quote "hey yr friend baked a seriously yummy cake that day".. I know exactly he meant that....that jaconda cake or something..trus sebelum dia mintak ai bilang..sorry dude..that cake out of my league..sama ngan kek lapis tu..hehe

Rima said...

Ain u better cabut jauh jauh or else heheheh..

Rima said...

Yes.. the semi good news is good enough to put a smile on my face.. kalau tidak nak shopping pun tak lalu hahaha

Kesiannye dude u tu.. next time i bake u come by and take lah or ask someone to pick it up if u malu meow with me hehe.. actually kan Yat.. that opera cake tu tak lah sesusah mana.. .. it has a few step but ok lah if u really wanna try..

If lah my mixer harus berehat I think i will go bonkers tau.. I cant use my lappy for 2 days dah macam tak keharuan ape lagi mixer hehehe

when the night light is off said...

Congratulation! Alhamdulillah, problem almost settle.

BTW, kalo nak tambah durian tu banyak mana ek?

Anyway, my son will complete his first degree in about 3 years. and he was awarded with JPA scholarship. Alhamdulillah, tak yah fikir pasal duit tapi kena tetap berdoa supaya dia sihat dan berjaya untuk dunia dan akhirat.

CS said...

Rima
Yat pun pemalu orangnya ke? hehe..

Rima said...

Ty Melati.. semoga ape yg kita semua doa kan termakbul hendak nye.. Anyway u must be a proud parent.. siapa yg tak nak tengok anak ke menara gading eh.. I'm sure he knows how to take care of himself but kan boys will always be boys kan.. u can only doa kan yg terbaik aje..

Rima said...

Hehehe kita semua kan pemalu.. betul tak Yat??

Rima said...

Melati lupa pulak ur question tu.. i did say that next time i'll add 200g of durian flesh..

Yat Maria said...

Amboi amboi cik som...tersedak2 ai pat sini tawwww...ai ada malu meow2 sket jer..bukan apa, warm up time ai ada slow sket..kang Rims jenuh menunggu bila engin nak panas..tapi jgn tak tau, kalo enjin dah panas..nanti tak tau berenti plak ..tapi ai tetap surrender ngan cik som ah...cik som kaki citer2..ai kalah.. eh lupa..ni umah Rims kan..meraban dah terpanjang plak..


tapi yg apstinya..(cebahhhhh) akan ku pegi jugak kat umah batu sebelah golf course tu & tanya orang mana umah minah yg terer baking tu...ahaksss...

Rima said...

Muahahha dah lama orang tak dengar word 'minah' .. eh batu bukan sebarang batu wokey.. batu belah batu bertangkup.. alamak ni cfm dah lapar sebab tu merepek meraban hahaha

Ok set eh.. if i bake again .. i'll let u know :o)

shaz said...

Hi Rima
Glad everything's ok.
Wanna compliment you on your artistic touch. You really do have a flair.
With your talents, I'm sure you can publish a great looking book anytime. :-)

Rima said...

Ty shaz.. Honestly i like anything that has got to do with decorating.. Be it on food or interior.. A decade ago i was so into english/country decorating that my hse was featured in one of the top magazine here so i guess thats the reason why u can see it in my food photography now.. Cehhh like real hahaha.. But yeah all girls like anything pwetty hehe

KG said...

speak of the devil....my hubby baru suruh i buat this cream wt durian in it...but since i'm averse to durian...nah! wait till he sees this post....merahlah telinga i!

Rima said...

Hehe sure petang ni u kena buat one.. letak sikit aje lah durian flesh nye so bau nye u still can take it.. my sis pulak lari jauh jauh when i took it out of the fridge hahaha

Ain said...

kak ima...ada recipe for choc cream filling tak?

Rima said...

Ade.. Ain nak eh?? Wait i post it here.. Now busy.. Tunggu eh

Rima said...

Ain I hv not tried out this recipe.. u can gv it a try and let me know if sedap ke tidak ok..

Ingredients
500 gr susu
200 gr dark cooking coklat
50 gr tepung custard
2 kuning telur
75 gr gula pasir
1/2 sdt garam

Method

Larutkan tepung custard dengan sedikit susu, sisihkan.
Panaskan susu dan dcc sampai leleh. tambahkan larutan tepung custard, gula dan garam, masak sampai meletup-letup. Masukkan kuning telur, aduk cepat sampai mendidih lagi.

Ain said...

thanks sis....insya allah nanti try...hehe...

alamak...smp letup2 tu...seram nye...ini mcm kena pakai safety gear...hahah...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kak, I'm new to your blog. Smlm try the puff, tapi melekat kat grease paper. How eh?

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..