Cake Tapak Kuda (Horse shoe cake)
I cant stay long.. a short entry on this cake that I've baked for the soccer match get together last weekend... I think I've baked this little gems like a zillion time lol... every year come Shawal.. this cake will always be a big hit in my household.. the kids love it.. the oldies love it... my hb is my nbr one fan when it comes to cake with nutella fillings hehhe
So heres the recipe taken fm Bro Rozzan blog... original recipe is fm Puan Aini Salim.. tks to u that this cake is one of the sought after cakes during Eid hehhe..
10 eggs yolks
5 egg white white
225g Castor sugar
110g plain flour or refined flour (I use the Hong Kong flour)
10g milk powder or vanilla ice cream flour
135ml melted butter
1 tbsp sponge stabilizer (ovalette)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp chocolate flavoring (I used chocolate emulco)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Nutella or chocolate hazel nut paste for filling
1. Combine eggs, sugar and stabilizer.. whisk at low speed and then to medium high speed on ur stand mixer and whisk for a good 8 mins or till thick and fluffy. Add sifted flour, milk and baking powder. Beat again till well mix.
2. Add in the cool melted butter and vanilla essence, mix well.
3. Take five scoops of batter and add chocolate paste to it.. put it aside. Place the rest of the plain batter into a big piping bag.
4. Prepare two greased with baking paper (10x10x1").. Pour chocolate mixture and spread evenly in pan. Then pipe in plain batter on top of the chocolate batter (the reason being so that the the plain batter will not mix with chocolate batter)
5. Bake in oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly (mine was done within 15mins)
6. Remove cake fm pan. Cut around edge of cake... ( i cant be bother hehe) Spread Nutella. Cut cake into two or more. Roll into two tightly.. wrap with clingwrap.. store in refrigerator.
I baked mine using 4 brownie pans so that its easier for me to get an even size plus that way i dont hv to slice my cake into a two.. less job.. less messy..
I weigh my batter (abt 1kg) took out 200g of plain batter and added chocolate emulco to it.. that way each brownie pan consist of 50g of chocolate batter... I used 150g of plain batter on each brownie pan since i get abt 600g of plain batter.. confused?? hehhe