.... With half a block of cream cheese that is expiring today.. I decided to gv this recipe a try eventho my body and mind tells me that I shud just chill and relax today...
.... And when ur body doesnt feel like doing anything.. it shows lol.. while piping in the cream cheese batter, my ziplock bag (had to use ziplock cos i ran out of piping bags) burst and out came all the cream cheese batter into my baking pan... I panicked and quickly scooped it out and continued to pipe in my chocolate batter using piping bag and used a ladle to scoop my cream cheese batter (now why cant i just do like how i normally wud do.. use a ladle!!!) and after 40mins in the oven.. I took it out only to see a few long cracks on my cake... sob sob sob
.... Oh well
Eventho the appearence is not perfect... the taste and the texture of this cake is what I expected it to be... :o)))
For those who hv baked a cake that has a combination of chocolate and cheese they will know how wonderful and tasty this cake turned out to be... am a happy puppy!
150 g Cream Cheese - room temp
50g unsalted butter - soften
50g caster sugar
1 medium size egg
50g white cooking chocolate - grated (I used Manner Couverture)
130g Margarine (I used butter)
150g casters sugar
3 medium size eggs
50g Van Houten chocolate powder (I used valrhona and hershey)
1 / 2 tsp baking powder (I used double acting baking powder)
30 ml fresh milk
1. Beat cream cheese, unsalted butter and sugar until smooth, add egg and beat until blended.
2. Fold in flour and grated chocolate with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into a large pipping bag - cut a 2 cm tip with scissors... set aside
1. Beat margarine and sugar until creamy and smooth, add egg one at a time making sure its well blended bef each addition
2. Add sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder alternately with fresh milk (f-m-f-m-f).. Pour batter into a large piping bag, cut a 2 cm tip with scissors ... Set aside
1. Use a 20 cm round baking pan
2. Pipe brown and white batter alternately.
3. Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for 40 minutes.
..... Sooo once again... after a slice of cake in my tummy... the moral of the story... Bake eventho ur body and mind tells ya to chill muahahaha
Source: Van Houten Cocoa Powder wrapper hehehe