Hehehe what does this tell ya?? that my little Sonia slept all night? that I had a good night sleep?? muahahha.. finally my little Sonia slept thru the night and only woke up at 11am.. I slept for a good 10hrs myself...
Anyway this was what I craved for while in Rome... lapis cake.. yep.. sometimes when ur not home u crave for something which is impossible for u to get there.. well i was craving for a lot of stuff actually two days prior to our departure kah kah kah
25 egg yolks
150g fine sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
150g Margarine (I used 350g unsalted butter and added 1/2tsp salt)
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
35g Flour (I used HK flour)
10g Milk powder
1. Beat (B) until smooth & white. Set aside... if ur using kenwood.. whisk at high speed for abt 7mins and not more than that..
2. Sift ingredients (C) .. set aside.
3. Whisk Ingredients (A) till fluffy and thickens... add in (B) and continue to beat well on low speed till well blended. Fold in sifted (C) with rubber spatula..
4. Pour one ladle batter evenly into greased loaf pan 24x14x7cm.
5. Bake first layer at 170C using bottom heat for 10mins.
6. Remove from oven, press surface of the cake with cake presser and then pour again with one ladle of batter. Bake using top heat for another 7 mins... Continue to do the same for the rest of the batter. Sprinkle with almond slices on top of last layer before baking.
7. Bake last layer using bottom heat for 10 minutes.
Note: Cold butter shud be cut into cubes bef beating for 7mins.. I weighed my batter and divided it into 12 to get 12 even layers - 90g each layer. I brushed melted butter for every layer. I used 1 tsp of mixed spice for this cake. I used a 8x8x3 cake pan.
Source: Ny Liem
I found a good tips on how to bake lapis legit fm Efi blog