Donna Hay's Double Chocolate Cupcakes
And heres the cupcakes that I baked to gv each father in our family... I packed them in cupcake boxes and gave each family a box.. hope u guys liked it!
Ingredients (makes 12)
125g salted butter, softened (I used unsalted and added 1/4tsp of salt)
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used valrhona)
1 1/2 tsp double-acting baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g dark chocolate, melted (I used Lindt 70% and Valrhona 64%)
For the chocolate buttercream frosting :
250g butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted (Valrhona)
1/4 cup milk
1. In a bowl, sift together plain flour, cocoa powder & baking powder.
2. In another bowl, whisk together butter, sugar & vanilla extract for about 10-12 mins until pale and creamy. add in eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
3. Add in milk and flour mixture alternately in 3 additions, mixing well in between each addition.
4. Fold in melted chocolate thoroughly.
5. Fill cake mixture in cupcake liners until about 2/3 full. bake in a preheated oven of 160C for 20 mins or until a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. leave to cool on wire rack.
6. To make the chocolate buttercream frosting, whisk the butter in bowl for about 6-8 mins until pale and creamy.
7. Add the icing sugar, cocoa powder and milk and whisk for another 6 mins until fluffy and creamy. pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Photos taken today at mom and dad's place..
My cool and chill dad.. Hes not into sweet stuff unlike mom hehehe
Mom and Dad enjoying every bit of their time with their 8 grandkids..
Look at the 3 fathers... this is what happens when they munch too much on my cakes hahaha.. (look at my super duper hb.... overrrrr!! kahkahkah)