I am going to keep this short... its Friday and its time to play hehhe... I baked this cake for Raymond last night (I swear it was meant for u Raymond and stop rolling ur eyes!!) but unfortunately hb didnt go to workshop today.. so will hv to gv it to him on Monday... that is if this cake survives the weekend.. if not I will hv to bake it for him again next time.. Muahahhaaa I know.. I know u hv been waiting like forever!! I get the hint! You will get the cake latest by next week ok hahahha
And since the cake is still in my kitchen.. I decided to slice it.. ate a few slices.. ya know.. just "to be sure" and u know what?? Thank god i got to taste it cos this cake has that Melt-in-your-mouth type of texture.. super moist and tastes ohhhh laaa laaaa.. I dont think i need to say more... Thank you CMG for sharing this wonderful recipe... original recipe is fm Wendy Kor.
250g butter (i used golden churn)
80g condense milk
1 tsp mix spice
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (i added vanilla extract too)
80g golden syrup
15 egg yolk
3 egg white
120g castor sugar
80g superfine or HK flour
1 tbsp ovallete
20 ml cold water
a few drop of yellow colouring
150g pitted prunes (i used 250g hehhe)
1.Greased a 8x8x3 pan.. preheat oven 180C
2. Whisk A on high speed for abt 7mins or till thick and creamy.. put it aside
3. In another bowl.. Whisk B on medium speed for 10mins or till thick and fluffy
4. Add butter mixture (A) into egg mixture (B) and continue to whisk till well blended
5. Add in yellow colouring
6. Separate batter into 10 portions... abt 90g each layer
7. Spread a portion of batter evenly into pan
8. Tilt pan left and right to level batter or use back of ur spoon. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden.
9. Remove from oven and press cake layer to remove excess air. Brush layer with melted butter and spread another portion of batter over the cooked layer, tilt pan to level batter and arrange flattened prunes onto batter. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden.
10. Alternate step 8 and 9 until batter is finished.
11. Bake last layer using upper and lower heat for a further 10mins .. (use aluminium foil to cover the top so as to prevent the top fm turning to dark)
Hv a good weekend peeps!