Menu

Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake



Hey peeps.. I am gonna keep this short... its been a loooonnngggg day today and i hv to go to bed soon as i hv to get up very early tomorrow.. 







Anyway this was what i baked this morning bef we went out.. sigh.. Can you see the air pockets in my chiffon cake?? i must hv over folded my batter hence bursting the pockets of air.. oh well.. there are days where things turn out well and there are days where they dont! The texture of this chiffon is surprisingly soft, light with a mild taste of cream cheese.. almost feels like you are eating those feather light cheesecakes?? Hairi likes it!  







Ingredients
70g milk
65g cream cheese
30g butter
75g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
4 egg yolk
1/4tsp salt

4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
85g caster sugar


Method
Preheat oven to 175C.
Cook butter, cream cheese and milk together over double-boiler until thicken.
Strain and set aside to cool.
Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and salt together.
Add in cream cheese mixture and whisk till combined.
Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45mins.
Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
Remove cake from pan and serve.







Well ok.. I need my beauty sleep..  hv a good week ahead.. I will not be baking till next weekend.. see u guys in KL! 

Cheers!


Source: Happy Flour

1 comment:

cakebaker_cakemaker said...

Hi,
I would like to try this recipe but wonder if you have ever made it in paper cases?

thanks,
Karen.

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..