Menu

Cake au Chocolat et aux Amandier





I hv been craving for a good chocolate cake since last week... yesterday I bought a slice of super stacked chocolate cake... 120g for $8.30.. I had a spoonful... put it aside and told hb to take a bite.. his comment... "this is one awful chocolate cake" .. I guess it didn't meet our expectations. Maybe also too much good chocolate spoils our "palette"...









I've always thought their cake was super rich.. I was wrong.. was dissapointed... even lyn and her hb said it tastes of nothing special.. almost like the one u can get fm ntuc/cold storage..


Anyway, today after Sonia and I got home fm Zoo... (yep we went to the Zoo again this morning) I decided to gv this 'Chocolat Cake' recipe a try... I know this is not a fudgy nor a mousse type of cake so I cannot really compare it.. was I happy?? am I still craving for a rich chocolate cake?? well yes.... while overall I like the taste of this cake... I wasnt too happy with the texture... will freeze it and use it when i prepare another type of desert but if u are craving for a plain ole chocolat cake.. u might just like this chocolat cake recipe...




Ingredients
175g sugar (I used 150 gr)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
4 eggs
125g unsalted butter - melted
30g best quality cocoa (I used 40g valrhona)
175g flour
1 tbsp baking powder
70g dark chocolate chips (I used 80 gr)
70g walnut or almonds





Method
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a loaf tin... 23 x 12cm (9x5")
Whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and ground cinnamon in a bowl
Combine the melted butter with the egg mixture
Add the cocoa, flour and baking powder. Fold in almond and chocolate chips. Pour into loaf tin
Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick or a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve warm







Source: Passion Chocolat by Christelle Le Ru

4 comments:

Yat Maria said...

Hi Rims..120g for 8 bucks plus!!! Pretty steep kan the price??..eh talking abt the zoo...it has been a long time since I last been there to tgk members2 I kat situ..so many years..I think I better visit them soon kalo tak dia orang mesti tak kenal I lagik!!!! i guess ada 10 years kot??? I love the zoo but since budak2 dah besar, they never ask to go there again..nanti I congkong my 2 nieces so temankan I gi ziarah sana :)

Rima said...

Memang mahal pun.. They go by grams.. 100g for $6.60.. They will slice it n weigh.. Mine was 120g.. Kalau sedap its ok lah but if nothing special.. Lah buang karrent aje..

Semenjak sonia started walking i rajin bawa dia gi zoo.. Wkdays morning is the best.. Ard 8.30 .. 9am.. Sonia loves it.. She will points out kat map animal yg mana she wants to see.. Satu zoo i kena round tolak stroller.. Dah tu mesti nak swimming.. If u go there dont forget to take along their swimming attire..

Yat Maria said...

Aikkk...ada swimming @ the zoo?? la ketinggalan zaman sungguh I..thanks for the tip...i wonder what time zoo bukak? i thot maybe it's gd if I go there early and tolong bukak gate..so tak ramai sgt orang..coz u know lah..i only have weekends to spare..mabe I'll check out the website if they have one..;)

Rima said...

Wkend lagi lah u kena gi sebelum subuh kah kah kah.. Dialog p ramlee tu.. Anyway u shud take them.. Makan also halal cuma mahal sikit but ok lah jugak.. $9+ for chicken rice..

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..