Menu

Putri Salat aka Serimuka







Yesterday I made Putri Salat aka Serimuka for today's breakkie... eventho I hv a few trusted recipe.. the urge to try out new recipe is always there... as what Rossya says.. "Recipes may be different personally.. but trying can do no harm"


This is one of the best recipe that I've tried... hb loves it... mom loves it... dad said it tastes like kaya... i will definately be making her serimuka durian one of these days..







Ingredients
500g glutinous rice - soak for an hr with 1 tsp of alkaline water (i didnt use alkaline water)
1 tsp salt
340ml light coconut milk
screwpine/pandan leaves
1 tsp sugar (i added)


Method
1. Prepare the steamer. Combine glutinous rice, salt, sugar and coconut in a square or round cake pan. Mix well. Place the screwpine/pandan leaves on top of the rice and steam over rapidly boiling water for about 30–35 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Discard pandan leaves. Fluff up the rice, and then press rice firmly down with a banana leaf or aluminum foil until it is compact. Return it to the steamer.






Ingredients
Topping
250g sugar
6 eggs (abt 60g each)
60g flour
10g sago or corn flour
750ml thick coconut milk (i used KARA 450g and add 300ml water)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp pandan paste
a few drops of green colouring
a few drops of rose essence (i added)


Method
Stir eggs and sugar until well combined. Add the coconut milk and the rest of the ingredients. Strain the batter to remove any lumps.
Cook it over low heat till slightly warm... stirring it occasionally so as to avoid any lumpy batter..
Scratch the surface of the steam rice lightly with a fork. Pour in the batter on top of the rice. Steam over medium heat for an hour or until set.
Set it aside to cool completely before cutting into serving pieces.






Note: If u wanna try out serimuka durian.. add 300g of durian flash with 100ml of coconut milk taken fm 750ml of thick coconut milk. Blend/puree and add it to the sieved topping batter.. add a few drops of yellow colouring and cook it over low fire.


9 comments:

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

My favorite :D.

Rima said...

Ours too.. Senang aje nak buat.. Try ah if u ade steamer..

Yat Maria said...

smooth seri muka..i like..licin jer & tak menggerutu..hmmm bagus...ada resepi..bila eh I nak buat??

Rima said...

Yat
Kalau ade all the ingredients u can try anytime pun.. buat malam besok dah boleh bawak gi kerja.. if u want smooth top dont steam with api besar.. dah tu tutup kukusan harus wrap with lampin ke or ikea tea towel.. insyaallah menjadi one.. :o)

Julez said...

Hi Rima,
Thanks for the recipe. I tried it out today. It was easy to follow and turned out yummy but could you tell me what i did wrong coz the green top seeped to the white glutinous rice. I didn't expect that to happen. Do you think the top I made was too watery?

Rima said...

No worries Julez and ty for trying.. i think ur green part is a little runny.. u can always add more flour if u want it to be a little harder.. say 10g more for flour and 10g more for corn flour..

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kak Rima,

I tried this today and my mom and dad loved it! TQ for sharing the recipe! - Ain

Nach said...

Hi Rima,
Thanks for sharing. I need to know the loyang size that you are using. If I'm using the square loyang, what is the ideal size. I prefer the square loyang as its easier to cut. Im lousy at cutting any kuih in rounded loyang :-P
Tks in advance.

Rima said...

Hi Nach
10" square pan

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..