Thank you for all the well wishes... so touching hehehe.. Sonia is a lot more better than yesterday even tho shes still down with diarrhea .. shes playing and singing and even started jumping again.. I decided to cook her chicken porridge for a change even tho shes not a porridge girl.. surprisingly shes eating it and drinking her milk (liquidized milk) happily.
I feel much better this morning and hence the reason why i started baking again hahahha... if only hb was at home.. he wud be saying (his fav wise word) "Rima ... Rima... dont u know how to just chill for a change??" hmmmmm
500 ml egg white
325g caster sugar
1 tbsp cake emulsifier (ovalette)
1/2 tsp salt
100 ml evaporated milk
50g melted butter or oil
1 tsp baking powder
50g corn flour
25g milk powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp strawberry paste
1 tsp lemon paste
1 tsp mocca paste
1 tsp pandan paste
1. Whisk egg white, sugar, salt, ovalette till light and fluffy (abt 10mins)
2. Sift flour, corn flour and milk powder and put it aside
3. Mix melted butter and evaporated milk and put it aside
4. Add melted butter mixture into egg white mixture and mix till well combined
5. Add in vanilla essence
6. Add in sifted flour a little at a time
7. Divide batter into 4 parts (mine abt 320g each) and add each paste to each part
8. Prepare steamer.. greased a 20 x 20 pan (8x8)
9. Steam 7 mins for each layer .. starting fm pandan, mocca, lemon and top layer strawberry paste.. steam a further 15mins ... take pan out of steamer.. let it cool, unmould and slice.
Hb loves the taste and the texture of this steamed cake (bolu).. mom likes the colour and taste.. i wouldnt use less sugar as i feel that this bolu tastes nice as it is.. gv it a go if u hv lots and lots of egg white left in ur fridge after baking layer cake.
Welp!! I think i spent a few good hours searching high and low the owner of this recipe or at least where i got this recipe fm .. finally i found her lol... recipe is fm ibutio.multiply.com
You can either use my method or her method which u can get it fm her site.