Menu

Soft Tender Burger Buns







Hiya peeps! dont u just feel that sometimes ur body or ur mind aint working how it is supposed to work?? its like one moment ur all hippy hippy hippuppa.. another moment ur feeling all crappy without any reason.. its like the weather just sucked u in?? its like ur nose gets stuffy... ur brain aint working... ur feeling like s***... get it?? 



I am just glad that this morning I woke up with a clear head.. probably cos it finally rained?? err what has rain got to do with mood swing?? lol.. the bottom line is, I am feeling a lot better than yesterday and i'm trying to take it easy... 



Take it easy u said Rima?? muuahahah... ok ok not really... I decided to finally make use of the egg yolks in my fridge and bake the ultimate butter cake.. hmmm honestly i dont even know if i shud post the recipe cos it wasnt tasty at all.. infact it was tasteless.. opppsss sorry.. but thats the truth.. :o( 







So enough abt the ultimate butter cake .. hb had requested  Burger for dinner and since i dont even hv any burger buns in my pantry, I decided to wake my BM fm its deep deep sleep hehehe.. Dough came out pretty sticky but manageable ... surprisingly after baking em... the bun turned out super soft... sooo thats good right?? one turned out blahhhh.. another one turned out good... :o) 







Ingredients
1 Cup warm water
1 Tsp sugar
1 Tbsp dry yeast
3/4 Cup warm milk
4 Tbsp sugar
1/4 Cup shortening - Melted
1 1/2 Tsp salt
4 Cups Bread Flour, Reserving ½ Cup
1 egg white
1 Tsp water
1 Tbsp sesame seeds


Method
Proof the yeast in 1 cup warm water with 1 teaspoon sugar; let sit for 10 minutes until foamy.
Using a mixer, and a large bowl add in 3-1/2 cups flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, melted Crisco, warm milk and salt. Add in the proofed yeast; mix to create a soft semi-sticky dough, adding in reserved flour as needed (do not add in too much as it will create a heavy bun, dough should be semi-sticky.
Knead dough for about 10 minutes. Remove dough, and let rest on the counter, cover with a clean dish towel for 10 minutes (this is an important step!).
Knead the dough gently for 30 seconds with hands. Place dough in a large well-greased,oiled bowl.
Cover, and let rise in a warm spot for 1 to 1½ hours, or until double in size. Punch down dough. Shape into large balls, and place on a large greased cookie sheet (you should get 12 balls on the sheet).
Cover with a light clean towel, and let rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes, or until almost doubled .
Preheat the oven at 375°F.
In a small bowl, mix together 1 egg white with 1 tsp water; whisk, and mix well. Carefully brush the tops and sides of the buns with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.







Shud I just post the Ultimate Butter Cake recipe?? hmmmmmmm ok ok i will just to show u girls how much butter it uses!!!! &*(*&^ hahahha


Ingredients
375 g Butter (i used unsalted and add 1/8 tsp salt)
10 Egg Yolks
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour 
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence  

Method
1. Melt the butter.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
3. Add in the cooled melted butter.
4. Sift the flour and fold into mixture.
5. Add in Vanilla essence.
6. Bake at 150˚C for 45 minutes or when done.







Source for Burger Bun: Yummylicious-jun blog
Source for Buttercake: Ngshanna.wordpress

8 comments:

Fely said...

Hello there!!
Thanks for dropping by my site. Decided to visit yours as well and aren't I glad I did! Oh my word!! Pictures of FOOD!!!! It's everywhere!! That cake really puts an idea in my head.. something similar for our teatime tomorrow perhaps!
I've made myself a follower and I'll be back to do more catch up reading. Have a good week! XX

Yat Maria said...

Hi Rima...

Yup hate that when it happens..the roller coaster feeling ;)

as for the ultimate butter cake..I baulked at the amt of butter...byk nya!! no wonder its called ultimate

have a happy day today :0

Rima said...

Hi Fely
Tks for dropping by and dont forget to try some of the recipe yah..

cheers!

Rima said...

Hi Yat
Ah ah sehh.. no mood = better stay away fm me lol

Yep the amt of butter macam nak bake cake lapis.. i much prefer the moist butter cake recipe tho

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Hello Rima, teruja tengok your bake all look tempting and feel like to bite it right away....

Rima said...

Hi Treat and trick
Hehehe.. bahaya tu.. cos of temptation.. the needles on my weighing machine macam tak nak berganjak hehehe

Unknown said...

u give me an idea wat to have for lunch ... hee hee McD ...

Rima said...

Ilah
Go burger king.. Pak Donald burger tak shiok ah.. But ah homemade one lagi best! Hehe

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..