Menu

Red Bean Cake






Just a short one fm me today... i went to town last night to meet both my sisters for coffee... we do at times get to meet up with one another for a quick update and a little bit of gossip session ... its nice cos we dont really get to meet up without our better half plus both of them are working women... so whenever i can (especially when hb is outstation).. i will try to arrange something with both of them.. good to see both of u girls last night.. the way we laugh just abt everything is something that can never be replace... :o)))  







Anyway after i dropped them off.. i realised that i had misplaced my house keys... as far as i can remember, i had placed it in my handbag.. hmmm


It was late and my only concerned was how on earth are we gonna get into the house... thank goodness Sonia wasnt fussy at all eventho it was way past her bedtime.. i went to my neighbour's house and told them abt my plight.. they were very helpful and her hb had to climb into my house (thank god my kitchen balcony door wasnt locked) to open up my front door... so for now it looks like i will be stuck at home till.... blaaaahhhhh!!







Ok back to my daily bakes... I had baked these petite cakes for my sisters... its simple and u can get lots out of this recipe... let me warned u that this is not ur typical dense, buttery type of cake recipe since it uses oil... these cakes are light and airy... just like ur typical sponge cake... well except it has red bean paste which makes it a little different... definately not my hb's kinda cake... i know Hairi will love it tho!



Ingredients
7 eggs
250g sugar
2 tbsp honey
350g plain flour
50g corn flour
25g ovalette
2 tsp baking powder
90ml water
1 tsp vanilla essence
100ml oil (i used corn oil)
50g almond slice
enough chocolate rice
15 floral baking tins (i used friand and cupcake mould)
enough red bean paste (mine was store bought)

Method
1. Grease each baking cup with a little oil and put in a tsp of red bean paste.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and honey in a mixer for a few minutes or till fluffy.. Add in ovalette.
3. Sieve plain flour, corn flour and baking powder and add into egg mixture and whisk till fluffy.
4. Add water and vanilla essence. Mix well then remove from mixer.
5. Pour in oil and mix well with ur hand... (u can use rubber spatula to fold in oil)
6. Spoon batter into the prepared cups... 3/4 full
7. Sprinkle with almond slice or chocolate rice
8. Bake in a preheated oven of 175C for 25 mins (mine done within 15mins)






Source: Ayu

9 comments:

Yat Maria said...

Rima

thank goodness for wonderful neighbours..if not u tido hotel kot?

hope u find that keys..btw, it's nice to have sisters kan to meet up, have fun & swap gossips esp..ha ha..

Rima said...

Yat
Not only i was thinking abt where to sleep.. si budak sonia ni punya susu and pampers lagi.. nasib baik lah my neighbour aka "stunt man" boleh panjat kalau tidak mak terpaksa drive to mustaffa center.. buy susu and pampers and then check in hotel hahaha

Memang nice to hv sisters.. boleh laugh.. boleh gaduh lagi (dah tua tua pun masih gaduh tau hahahha)

Shal said...

Dear Rima,
i love your blog. love the recipes and of course the pixs are just amazing!!. You really have the patient and passion in baking, esp you bake every single day!!! i only bake when i am stress lol. anyway keep up the good work and thank you so much.

Your fans
p/s: kiss2 to ur gurl

Rima said...

Hi Shalkina
Awwww.. Will kiss her for u and thank u for stopping by :o)

Cheers!

CS said...

Hi Rima..
At 1.35am I masih merayap kat your dapur, hehe. I nih dah kenyang tdo sebenarnya.

You tertinggal kunci dlm rumah? Sama cerita dgn your friend Sue Adelaide. Nasib ada jiran yg boleh diharap ;-)

You ada berapa sisters? 3 includes you ke? I have 5 .. tempat mengadu, ketawa, gusip, menangis, bercanda, bersukaria .. You name itlah.. Alhamdullilah.. We are blessed, arent we?

Rima said...

Eh tak pe.. orang kata.. merayap waktu malam ni shahduuuu hahaahha.. i also cannot sleep.. dont know why lah mata ni macam tak mengantuk

I dont know where i place it.. i thought i place it in my bag but tak de pulak.. i think sure tercicir kat cafe tu tau.. sampai sekarang pun i masih mencari.. sigh

I only knew that Sue had lost her keys tadi... lahhh macam dah janji but at least she tertinggal kat dalam rumah.. i tercicir lah agak nye tu cos i need my car to lock the door... lahh nasib nasib..

Yes 3 including me... i am the eldest.. we are blessed indeed somuffins!

Ayu said...

Salam Rima,
Wow, you have a nice blog here!!
Your red bean cakes are so yummylicious..Thank you for trying and will definitely come here again!!..

SurayaCoghlan said...

kwang...kwang...kwang....hahaha..i gelak aje lah ye Rima..hahahaha.

Rima said...

Salam Ayu
Ty ty .. ur red bean cake pun ape kurang nye.. manis rupawan bentuk nye heheh


Sue
You jangan gelak ok.. pok nanti! hahaha

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..