Menu

Japanese Green Tea Bread







Oh my.. its Monday again... why cant everyday be Sunday lol... the sleeping in till after 8am... the day i dont hv to touch any housework.. the day I get to watch a little telly and the day where i get to bake first thing in the morning without worrying if Sonia is up to something while i'm in the kitchen... all that simply cos Sunday is hb on duty day and Rima off duty day (remember our agreement hb).. oh by the way hb.. i know u didnt wash the toilets.. Men!! grrrr







Anyway I made this bread yesterday morning and didnt even hv the time to blog abt it since mom, dad and also lyn and family came by for a visit last night.. I finally had a haircut last Saturday and went to Ikea yesterday to get Sonia's new bed room furniture (papa felt that his 2yrs old girl needs a bigger bed lol).. Will take photo once her bedroom is done.. so in the meantime let me just quickly post this simple recipe by Alex Goh (The world of Bread)







Ingredients
(A)
400g bread flour
100g plain flour
75g sugar
8g salt
8g green tea powder
1tbsp milk powder
4tsp instant yeast

(B)
2 eggs
200ml cold water

(C)
60g butter

(D)
pinch of black sesame seed






Red Bean Filling
(A)
150g red beans
800g water
(B)
150g sugar
(C)
40g butter







Method
Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) and mix to form a dough.
Add (C) and continue to mix to form a smooth and elastic dough.
Mould it into a ball. Put in a bowl and cover with clear film. Let it prove in a warm place for 45 mins or until it doubles its size
Divide the dough into 60g pcs and shape them into balls.. let them rest for 10 mins
Flatten the balls into rounds. Fill in red beans filling and shape them into balls and put them on to baking paper
Let them prove for 45 to 60 mins or till double in size
Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some black sesame seed on top
bake it at 190C for 12 - 15 mins. Serve

Filling Method
Cook (A) till the red beans are soft
Discard water, add (B) and cook till thick
Add (C) and continue to cook till thick. Allow to cool. Set aside






Note: I used BM to do the work.. divide em into a 40g balls and use ready made red bean paste for filling..






I baked these cookies while waiting for my dough to prove.. recipe u can get it fm my previous cookies recipe.

9 comments:

Fely said...

Rima!!!
I am SO GLAD I found your blog. Saw these rolls and am absolutely salivating over it. Will got to the shops after this to get some ingredients. Oh goodness! Can't wait till they come out of my oven! Yum!

Rima said...

LOL Fely
Let me know how it turn out in ur kitchen ok.. good luck!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. They are great!

Rima said...

No worries anonymous.. Err wud be nice if i know how to adrs u properly :)

Z said...

Hi K. Rima,

This was the recipe that brought me to you =). I even asked my sis to hunt down for Alex Goh's books.

Rima said...

Oh ye ker Z.. i thought u found me thru some food blogger heheh.. so did u finally get that book?? his recipe menjadi one..

Anonymous said...

hi! I tried this last weekend and it was yummy! but I cant get it browned nicely like yours even though I brushed with egg wash too. mine was bordering on a hard crust. can u share some tips please? thank you! -Jessie

Rima said...

Tks for trying Jessie.. did u add a tbsp of milk in ur egg?

I usually will brush the surface of my bread with butter once its baked.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rima, thanks for the speedy reply! Ah... now I know to add milk, thanks for the tip! :) Anyway, do we need to 'punch' out the air after the first proof? -Jessie

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..